1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I keep screwing things up!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Arlo85, Jun 22, 2013.

1. Arlo85

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    (not sure if these vague ramblings belong in here or general - mods, feel free to shift it)

Theres this customer who came into my work (said shes been in before but id never seen her) , damn attractive, & she thought i was a guy (SCORE!!) - i know this because she had her toddler son with her & told him she was just going to ask the man - me - for some help..

Spent a good bit of time helping her select what she needed, & she asked to borrow a few storage crates, to which i said Yeah, but she better bring them back, or id track her down - i say that to everyone, but it felt different saying it to her..

She dropped back in the next day to return the crates, & came over to me, asked to place an order, so i got all that noted down, & she went to leave. Then she turns back to me & says "Im Rebecca by the way.." - & i pretty much forgot how to speak :icon_redf :bang: I think i just about managed 'cool..' before she left.

Sure shes bloody stunning & im nothing, but i couldnt respond with 'my name is...', because she thinks im a dude, & im stuck with a :***: girls name, that i cant lie about because im at work & theres other ppl around!!

I'll get 1 last chance when she comes back to collect her order in a few wks..

This has actually happened with another customer a good while ago, with me acting the exact same then as well :bang:

Any advice?

A.

2. FemCasanova

Well, if you ever want to get lucky, you have to get brave. Letting them know your name might make them think you`re a guy stuck with a girly name, but it might also tip them in the right direction. You have nothing you ought to hide. And at some point you`d have to be honest with them anyways, if it ends up in a romantic entanglement.

Hope it goes well :slight_smile: