1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

if only wishes were horses...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by TeePee, Jun 22, 2013.

1. TeePee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    An old friend who knew me as a straight guy a couple of years ago just started making contact recently. He calls me ''my guy'' and the first thing i think about is if he's gay. It doesn't end there. I find my mind wandering off, imagining an entire relationship, the pet names we'd have for each other, the great times we'd have. He's not the only one who does this to me. I've noticed that it's been happening frequently that i catch myself ''daydreaming'' about guys i meet. I get awfully annoyed when all the ''signs'' show that they are totally straight. Is it just loneliness, or this happens to others?

2. Plutanan

I haven't felt this exactly since I'm in a relationship and relatively young in accepting my sexuality. However, I do recall my boyfriend saying (before I was 'out' to him and in a relationship) that he hated having to assume that every guy he meets is straight. And from that, I can empathize with you. It may just be loneliness that you don't have someone so naturally you'd want to and it's hard finding someone the conventional way when you're looking for same-sex.

When fantasizing about the opposite sex, I always know, "Well, it's possible." But I understand when you think about guys and realize there's no chance with them. Though I hate to say it, in the long run, it's best not to think about them and perhaps find someone. You don't have to date gays you know, but you can find others through them or use some gay social networking site.

So, in short, this is normal I'd say as I think about this for both sexes. It's just more difficult when you think about men this way :/