1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do They Know?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ViolinGirl8, Jun 22, 2013.

1. ViolinGirl8

ViolinGirl8 Guest

Hi! I'm not sure if this question truly belongs in this category (I think it does...) but I'm not sure exactly where it would otherwise belong, so...

I have been questioning my sexuality on and off for a while, and now I'm pretty sure I'm gay. Or bi, leaning towards girls -either way, I'm certainly not straight. The past few months, I've been dropping a few hints and such just to see what my friends' reactions would be.

(They are all good, by the way. I live in a very accepting community.) :icon_wink

I don't really care if any of them know now, and I kind of think some of them have figured it out. They'll do stuff like sing Same Love by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis around me (repeatedly), or ask me who I have a crush on (because I've always kept it a secret) and tell me that they will be accepting of anything.

The other day, I finally told one of my closest friends that I like a guy in our class. She seemed really surprised. The truth is that I currently have a crush on two people - one's a girl and one's a guy. He's the only guy I've ever had a crush on.

So, I guess my question is, do people normally act like this, or do you think they know?

Thanks!

2. FemCasanova

Well, my friend was surprised, my best friend. My family kind of just figured it out, without me ever having to tell them (and before I knew myself). So, I don`t know. I think perceptive people in an accepting society will at least suspect if there are hints or sings. It depends, really, because LGBT people don`t follow stereotypes like slaves, some of us are more obvious, some a lot less. We`re just as different as straight people, hence, it`s not usually easy for people to tell, unless they know us well. If you`ve never really liked boys, or paid them much attention, I`d think your friends might then suspect that you like girls.

Then again, you are still very young and a lot of people, LGBT or not, don`t really flower up sexually or romantically until they get a bit older. So, it`s hard to say :slight_smile: