1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I Ask Her Out?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ViolinGirl8, Jun 24, 2013.

1. ViolinGirl8

ViolinGirl8 Guest

Hi! I just came out last night to a close group of 6 close friends. One of them (who I happen to like very much :kiss:) told me she is bi. I'm delighted and feeling very proud and accepted. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride: After I came out, she eased the nerves by joking "I would totally date you!" Again, I am delighted.

I happen to know, however, that she is currently crushing on a guy. Would it be okay for me to ask her out anyway, or should I give her some space? I don't want things to be awkward between us because I really appreciate her as a friend. I'm worried if I ask her out or talk about this too much, she might get confused or uncomfortable.

What would you suggest I do? Should I ask her out, give her space, or just keep her as support for now and worry about serious relationships later?

Thank you!

2. LD579

Are you willing to risk your friendship with this friend? Are you prepared for things to maybe get awkward with your friends and you? It could cause a rift to occur, because the dynamics of your group of close friends would change.

With that said... you're quite young. Very young, in fact. I assume she's a similar age... She may not be ready for a relationship, and you may not be, either. I think you should mull this over some more before you decide to do anything.

You could try to see how she feels about being asked out in general, too. As time passes, you might get over this initial rush and your feelings and thoughts will likely either fade or strengthen. From there, you can make a better decision. Give yourself time to settle... You just came out to them and that's a great thing =) Whatever happens, I wish you the best.

3. ViolinGirl8

ViolinGirl8 Guest

Thank you so much for your great advice! :icon_bigg I think I'll give it a little time, since she's probably still processing what happened. Regardless, I think that my telling her will make us closer as friends. Who knows... from there could be endless possibilities...(*hug*)

I really appreciate your answering my question!