1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To Lift the Weight or to Forget it After a Year...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by TheTrueInferno, Jun 24, 2013.

1. TheTrueInferno

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Okay, I went in detail earlier until I got the "close tab" button mixed up with the "post thread" button. So, I'll just post a way shorter, amended version.

So, there's a friend I haven't seen in a year. He was my best friend, but he preferred to hang out with another friend who ended up coming out after we all went our separate ways. There were a lot of issues in our friendship, mostly caused by me getting myself too deep in words trying to stress to my friend (the straight one, me and the one that came out never considered each other friends) how I was in love with him. A year later, I still have a "crush" on him, though he's been with a girl for over half a year since he left town.

Well, that's said in a shorter fashion, after all this time I still have the weight on my chest that I should've said something. I'm not depressed or anything over it, but I'd just like an opinion: Should I say something or just forget about it? Personally I want to say something, just not while he's dating someone. To me that's just intruding.

Side note: I'm not stressed or depressed about it, mostly over it, but I still have the notion to want to say something about it.

2. Ticklish Fish

I don't know hahaha.
    I am in college now and I still have a crush on this acquaintance. I feel, if I can just say how I feel I might be able to move on more. But then I am the kind of person who is swaying between past and present

I would let other people chime in their thoughts.

3. Hiems

Given that your previous attempt at sharing your feelings towards your straight friend has caused issues in the friendship, he's probably not interested. So another try doesn't seem worthwhile, even if he's not seeing someone. It might be best to move on and find a relationship in which the feelings are mutual.

4. TheTrueInferno

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
  5. DrAdam

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree. He's obviously happy enough at the moment with the person he is dating. If you like him, surely it's better to keep him as a friend than jeopardize that by bringing up your feelings for him again?

6. Mystory

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Trust me on this one. it's simply too complicated maintaining a friendship with someone you love. I see many problems down the line if you pursue this. You need to come back to him when your feelings for him are gone and buried... Or else you simply aren't being a friend. Whatever he does will never be enough for you. Nothing in short of love will ever be enough. The fact that you haven't spoken to him in a while is a perfect excuse to maintain that distance at least until it fades entirely