1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ahh! Confused about friend!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Adjonskis, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Adjonskis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi everybody, this is my first post here! Been lurking for a while, and you all seem so nice:slight_smile:
    Anyway, I have a bit of a problem that has been keeping me awake for months now. It does require a bit of backstory so I hope it doesn't get too long.
    I have this friend that I've known for about 2 years now, we've had a lot of classes together, and been on the same sports teams (yes I'm still in high school). We became friends very quickly, and spend a lot of time hanging out together. Ever since I met him, he's always seemed straight, the usual teenage talk about which girls are cute and whatnot. Although he's never had a girlfriend. But when we hang out, he's always very touchy and personal. For instance, ill be sitting on the couch playing video games or something, and he will sit really close to me, or put his legs on my lap, etc. Our friends call him out on it (jokingly) every once in a while, and he kind of just laughs it off.
    I think probably 8 months or so ago I started to develop a massive crush on him. I'm always thinking about him, and it's not even the stereotypical horny teenager thoughts. I just feel better when I'm around him.
    So I don't know what to do! I can't tell if he's just somebody who is super comfortable with his body. Or if he likes me the way I like him?! I feel like if I asked him about it he would be hurt, but I can't keep crushing on him like this, it's killing me!
    Any advice is appreciated! Thanks:slight_smile:

2. ryanninjasheep

Welcome to EC! I think the best course of action at this point would be to figure out his opinion on gay marrige etc... If he seems like he's for it or so-so, come out to him. (Don't tell him you like him just yet, Just test the waters.)

Once again, welcome!

---------- Post added 25th Jun 2013 at 11:50 PM ----------

Oh, and try not to expect too much. If he doesn't like you back, there's always someone else