1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This is bad. This is really bad. But also beautiful?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by distancebetween, Jul 8, 2013.

1. distancebetween

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hello Empty Closets! I am happy to be here. First post!

But, i have a pressing issue. A bad, yet wonderful situation i've gotten myself into. You see, I met this girl on the internet. A chat room, actually. And now we've been talking for about two months non-stop via texting and facebook. (and, yes, I do know that she is not a creep. She's a real person and I will not be on an episode of Catfish).

Suffice it to say that I think I might be in love with her. Or something close to that? Very strong affection. It's gotten to the point where I just want to buy a house with a white picket fence and wake up next to her every morning. Yeah, i know. And she feels the same about me.

Now here's the rub: She lives two thousand miles away on the east coast. And we both do not have the means to visit each other. And I'm going to university in the fall. So here's my line of reasoning:

Pros: I like her an absurd amount and I want to be with her. She is a light in my life that slices through all the pain. Thinking about cutting off contact breaks my heart.

Cons: I'm going to university and I always kinda had a fantasy of meeting a special someone there. Someone who is physically here. But with her always in my mind, that option is taken away. Which is both a good thing and a bad thing. I really like her, but it's not as if she's easy accessible, being so far away. I'm not sure if I want to be tied down .. and it would take years for us to actually meet each other or move to each other's location. And, really, I just met her.. what if we meet and we are nothing like we seem?

Wow. I sound like a complete asshole, don't I? I'm just not sure what to do here. Part of me wants to run like hell, cut off contact, move on. But that hurts just to think about. Part of me wants to take the plunge and stay with her, falling deeper in like/love/wherever the fuck i'm at right now.

Ugh. So does anyone have any advice? Thanks you guys. I'm going to love it here, I can tell.

2. HeyAshley

LOL, "i won't be on an episode of catfish." (WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE PEOPLE ON THAT SHOW??????????)

okay sorry, anyway.........

honestly i've always said if you ever question it, it's probably not meant to be. if i were you, i wouldn't cut her out of my life. i mean love is love, no matter the distance. but at the same time, don't stop behaving how you want and doing what you want because of an "unsure relationship." if that makes sense? if it was 100% genuine love and meant to be, i don't think that you'd really be questioning anything. buuuut, that's just my 2 cents.

3. DaniJ

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm a strong believer that LD's don't work, most of the time. It takes a certain kind of person to really make it work for the long run. If you really love her, and she loves you, then you need to embrace that and be fully on board to making it work. If you have doubts, you need to realise that it might not work. The best thing to do would be to talk to her and ask her what she thinks. Does she fully want to be in this relationship for the long run? Is she willing to wait however long it may take to finally meet?

Even if you decide not to, that doesn't mean you need to cut ties with her. If by the time you've finished with school, you're both still single and still have those feelings for each other, well, who knows what could happen? Best of luck!