1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Mom in Denial?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by FreeFlow9917, Jun 26, 2013.

1. FreeFlow9917

I swear, i feel my mom is not taking me seriously when i tell her i may be gay (technically that's a lie because i am gay) and she has this harsh tone when it comes to my situation of sexual orientation. She thinks it's easy to figure it out, but it's more complicated than she thinks. She wants grandkids, biological grandkids, and i bring up ivf, and she doesn't believe me, and i know that she will always love me, but i feel like i dissapointed her. She always threatens to tell my dad, thinks it'll be easier, when it puts more strain on myself that she could tell my dad i was gay. She's never gone through this, but she says she understands, when she told me that she always liked boys in my face. Why does she tell me she understands, when i know for a fact my mom never had a same sex phase or thought. I feel as if she doesn't want me to be gay, even if she loves me for being liking guys, i feel if there's this hint of dissapointment when we talk of it.

Oh p.s., i say i'll tell my dad, but it has to be at the right moment

My dad on the other hand would ABSOLUTELY DISHOWN ME
    Idk about step-dad's reaction.

2. MtnFr3sh

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    1st off, I'm sorry for your situation, I am in a similar one so I can't offer much advise, though I would advise for you to take the advise of the administrators and moderators if and when they post their opinion as well.

Eventually, your mom will come around, I can't guarantee it but it will happen eventually. If it were my biological father, I wouldn't give two shits if he disowned me. And I don't have a step dad and I'm unaware of your relationship with them so I can't help you there....

But good luck, I know I wasn't much help, and I'm sorry

3. NEWFrontiers22

Be careful, you seem pretty young, and if your a dependent on your folks you don't want to risk anything. Yes, it does sound like she is in denial and a little disappointed. Try not think about so much, you can't change your parent's. Focus on other things like developing a network of friends who will support you. Also I don't what the LGBT resources are in your area but you should find out, you'll find additional support there. Also if things get dire or they just feel like they are go to this site

-- Lifeline & TrevorChat | The Trevor Project -- they can help you :slight_smile:

4. ScatteredEarth

I feel like I'm almost in your situation. My father would practically abandon me if he found out I was a bisexual person. But my mother has never threatened to tell my father this, as a matter of fact, she had told me specifically to not tell my father. But your mother is most likely going through the 5 stages and will eventually come to terms with it. I feel genuinely sorry for your current situation.