1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mum's Wedding

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Annon, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Annon

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My mum is getting married, and I am allowed to bring a 'date'/friend. She knows I'm bi, but not all of her friends do. I want to bring my bf/closet male friend, as my date. Most of you would say this is fine, but there is a twist. From childhood my mum has had a friend, and he is now the head teacher at my school. I don't want the school finding out that I am bi. This may sound really trivial, but I'm just not sure whats the best course of action.
    Also, I have just started talking to my EX again, he is sweet, but VERY GAY, and VERY CAMP. And I think it is too much for him to come as my date. Is it rude to tell him to come, but turn down the 'GAY DIAL'?
    Just a little stuck on what to do. Should I even invite my EX, we are talking, but we are not actually together again.
    Thank you everyone for the support I always get.

2. LD579

Honestly, it would not be very fair of you to tell your ex how to act. He is the way he is. I see nothing wrong with bringing him, not as a date but as a friend. I think you should do what would make this time the most happy and memorable it could be. Also, you could always juts bring a friend — any close friend. Of course, you could also bring your boyfriend... as a friend. It depends on what he's comfortable with, and what you're comfortable with.

I'm curious. Why do you not want the school to find out that you're bisexual? It really isn't any of their business, first of all, and if they did find out that you're bisexual, it shouldn't change the way they treat you at all. If you're out to everyone already, as it says on your profile... I suppose I just don't see what the problem is. It's your prerogative, though, and take what I say with a dash of salt.