1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So Much Has Happened

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by remainnameless, Jun 27, 2013.

1. remainnameless

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm just going to give the short version because I'm super tired :slight_smile:

First off, I came out to another friend at church camp last week, and minus the dramatics it went pretty well. She said she supports me as a friend but she doesn't agree with it (she's a Christian). So ya that happened omg.

So I recently posted that I came out to my sister (well it's my dads girlfriends daughter but we call each other brother/sister), who then came out to me as lesbian. And it has been pretty amazing. I'm over visiting again at my dads, and I got some interesting news.

Apparently my sis was talking to her mom (my "stepmom") and she told her I was gay. I'm actually ok with that because my dads side of the family is far more accepting and open-minded than my moms religious side of my family. But, I guess her mom told my dad (HOLYFREAKINCRAP!!!) I'm not sure what to think. I'm not freaking out as much as I would have a couple months ago, but still. I haven't talked to him about it, but he knows and I'm not sure how to take all this. So many people know now it's crazy!!!

Also, I have a sort of question for you guys. My sister has a friend at her school that is gay (he's black, but I don't mind). Anyways, she told him I'm gay and he wants my number to talk to me. He's actually pretty cute but I've never in my life had a conversation with another gay guy (that knew I was gay too). I've always been 100% against online dating and blind dates etc, but he's my age and I know he's the real deal lol.

So what do you guys think? Should I let her give him my #? It would be completely harmless but I'm still not sure.

2. Diego89

I think you should, as you said it would be harmless, and that way you can get to know each other and perhaps meet in person later. If things don't work out in the end you can always politely stop talking to him, if there's such thing ha.

3. remainnameless

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well shit. My stepmom just came in here and told me my dad wants to talk to me in a little bit, and I know what it's about. I'm so nervous I will let you guys know what he says.

4. remainnameless

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well we talked about it, probably the most awkward thing I've ever done. He was completely accepting and awesome but it was so awkward lol. I didn't grow up with him, so go figure. Now telling my moms side of the family would be certain death :/ let's wait a couple years :wink:

5. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A referral from a family member is probably the best way to meet someone, go for it!

6. AKTodd

Congrats on how well it went with your dad and stepmom. Don't forget to update your Out Status when you get a chance.

Todd :thumbsup: