1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. SecretlyASloth

So my best friend didn't respond last week when I texted him. He hasn't texted me in a week, and I figured something was going on so I should just give him his space.
    I texted him last night on a unrelated subject...I was offering him a study guide for an exam we both have to take in a week.
    Today I got this text from him:
    "I need my space your really suffocating me and I can't think straight. You're supposed to be my best friend but I can't take this attention anymore."

Wut.

Under usual circumstances, I would laugh it off, I mean honestly it's almost comical. But because of the crappy mood I'm in, I'm actually sort of pissed to be honest that he said that after the situation. Is this irony or am I just crazy? I texted him back asking if he was texting the right number, and he was.

What am I supposed to do? I value his friendship but this is ridiculous.

2. Samael

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Your friend asked you for space ... Why make a drama about it? If he asked you for some space, give it to him and problem solved. If you keep questioning it sending him messages, what you can accomplish is to ruin the friendship by not knowing how to respect his decisions/needs. Sometimes you have to know how to handle things ...

3. SecretlyASloth

It's not like I haven't already given him space. And I'm still giving that space now. I know I'm not going to just leave it alone though. I won't aggravate the situation, but what I'm asking is what do I do about the whole irony of the situation? I haven't responded.
    Maybe I wasn't clear: I literally have not texted him the entire week except for the one text which was unrelated to all these thoughts. There is no reasonable pretense as to WHY he feels like I'm not giving him space because I don't even text him that often.
    If anything, he's making the drama. But since he asked for space he'll be getting a lot of that.

4. Night Rain

Look, even if you text him about something unrelated to whatever happened between you two, it's still annoying to him and makes him uncomfortable. That's the whole idea of keeping space. You asking him if he texted the right number added fuel to the flames.

This is the drama.

Regardless, just give him time. Don't try to solve this by keep pressing him. It won't work.

5. Holly

Even if you are curious over what it is all about, I would respect his views. Give him some space for a few weeks, and try (rather subtly) to see if his opinion has changed...

6. SecretlyASloth

Ok, thanks guys...:slight_smile: