1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting over your first same sex love?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by MaryMyers, Jun 29, 2013.

1. MaryMyers

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    This woman and I are both in our early twenties and were never officially in a relationship due to both being in the closet, but we were loyal to each other for the four months we were more-than-friends. She ended it recently because her mother is completely homophobic and began to make her life at home miserable when she found out about us.

A few days ago we caught up for the first time since it ended, and after some emotional conversation and a few drinks, ended up kissing - and even having sex. I didn't think it affected me, but the more I think about her being free to do whatever (and whoever) she likes, the more it gets to me. I finally came out to my mum (who's completely fine with it), but still don't know any girls who I could see myself dating, so she'll probably move on a lot faster than I will. She also still wants to sleep with me occasionally, which I would enjoy too, but it may be difficult for me if I still have feelings for her.

What can I do to cope with this better? I'd never been so emotionally and physically involved with anyone prior to her (she had though). Any opinions/advice/personal stories would be great, thanks!