1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

confused about my straight friend...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by seanthefirst, Jun 29, 2013.

1. seanthefirst

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I came out a few months ago, and there's been people who ive drifted from, and people who ive gotten closer too, but this one guy in particular seems like he wants to get closer then just friends. He identifies as straight, and i know he has hooked up with girls, but ever since i came out he's been flirty with me like winking at me, and focusing on me in conversation even when were in a group, i don't want to get my hopes up but i cant help but feel like he must be interested or something. I wouldn't confront him either, or try anything just because that could potentially be really awkward and ruin the friendship. The most recent example i can think of is there was a group of my friends drinking in another friends garage, and i left the garage to take a pee and he came out there with me, but he didn't piss he just waited for me to be done and slapped my butt on the way in and laughed. Is all i can really do is wait? any advice?

2. Hagelslag

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmm, I can understand you wanting to avoid potential awkward situations. Could you maybe make a joke when he does something you find flirty or strange, in which you sort of label is behaviour as flirty or maybe interested? This sounds very vague but I think you know what I mean. Maybe you could read anything from his reaction.

3. Anshel

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Maybe there's something but don't ste you hopes too high. Some people just like to flirt. Maybe, just maybe, you're his only gay friend and he doesn't know how to behave around you. Sometimes I don't know how act around some girls and I start to flirt with them.
    If there is way to find about about his sexuality without ruining your friendship then do it.