1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Leginforever, Jun 29, 2013.

1. Leginforever

Hello, this is my first post. Basically There was this guy that I have known for about three years now and I have like him for quite some time. He is really attractive, and really girly. He doesn't talk like a girl just a lot of the things he does are girly. First he wears a lot of tight clothes, tanks, and he even rolls his jeans up. He used like 10 hair products and makes sure his skin is really clear. Now i know none I these things means he is gay but it goes further. I have seen him glance at me a lot In the halls before and when he takes pictures he looks really gay. He even took a picture of him crying because he was upset. A lot of people think he is gay and that is why I thought he was gay for three years. So the summer comes around and I decide to hang out with him. Long story short I told him I liked him and he said he wasn't gay. He isn't freaked out and said we're still friends. But I can't stop thinking about him. I was so for sure he was gay but I guess I was wrong. What do I do to get over him? I'm so depressed. And is he secretly gay and not comfortable with it yet?

2. LD579

If he says he isn't gay, leave it at that. It's always possible that he's 'secretly gay', but he may never tell you even if he were.

To get over him, you have to sort of... realize that you can do better than him. Romantic love is ideally a two way street. You can love someone for who they are, but if they don't love you the same way, it just can't work out. It may be a bit harsh... But people deserve better than unrequited romantic love. Maybe those're just my views.

3. Anshel

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I agree
    There's nothing you can do about it. If he is not comfortable, I don't think that spending time with you, knowing you're gay, can make him comfortable. Let him take his time. If he really is gay, he'll accept it, and maybe there would be something between you.

Try to spend more time with your friends than with him, focus on something else. You'll get over him eventually, but don't let the hope "he might be gay" live in your heart. If you let it exist, you won't get over him.