1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does she like me or am I misreading signals?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by fedluv, Jun 30, 2013.

1. fedluv

fedluv Guest

I've only recently come to terms with my sexuality over the last six months. A part of what made me realise this was a strong attraction I felt towards a close friend of mine. Recently we had been out drinking with friends and ended up walking home together at the end of the night. While we were walking she said a good friend of ours had told her I was gay and she wanted to ask me herself. When I told her it was true she was extremely supportive and said how she thought of sexuality as a fluid thing and always thought maybe she could date a woman, she sometimes found women attractive but the thought of sleeping with one grossed her out. I'm quite sure she's straight, she's just very non-judgemental and open minded. She's also only ever been with men. That was about a month ago, last night I had a 21st and afterwards another friend and I were staying at her house that night. When we got home she jumped into bed with me and our friend, who fell asleep soon after. But this girl, she pulled me into a hug, we had our arms around each other and we lay with our faces only a couple of inches apart and talked, about a whole range of things, for an hour. At some stage she started stroking my hair. Then at some point her hand moved down under the shirt on my back and she began massaging it, and I did the same to her. This went on for a long time as we lay cheek to cheek in bed with our arms wrapped around each other, still stroking each other's backs, every now and then she thread her legs tighter through mine and pull me in tighter, and eventually we just fell asleep like that. I've never wanted to kiss anyone more in my life than in that moment, but I would never make a move like that because we'd both had a bit to drink and I'd never risk our friendship. This girl, she's extremely loving and just has a beautiful heart and she always greets people with a hug and a kiss on the cheek, not like others our age. I was just wondering if, from your point of view, her behaviour is just the nature of the way she is or she may be slightly attracted to me too?

2. LibraryKitten

Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't know her personally, so it might be hard for me to judge. But the story you told sounded really intimate to me. It could be that she likes you, or maybe she just really trusts you as a friend. You should probably talk to her about it. I wish you all the best luck!