1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you get over someone you never had?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by StarNights, Jun 30, 2013.

1. StarNights

StarNights Guest

Well. I had this girl on the internet (don't judge) who I started to like very much a couple of months ago, she liked me too and I think we liked each other too much. See, she lives in Australia. Other side of the world, but that didnt affect the way I felt about her. There were strong feelings. She was never my girlfriend tho.

And now somethings happened. I dont know exactly what. I think its faded, whatever we felt for each other. Our chats are sort of cooler, yesterday she uploaded something on her Facebook wall that seemed to be a hint to me that shes moved on, or want to. However, altho I have asked her if anything is wrong, she wont tell me, she says everything is fine. And thats really all I want her to do; say it, and I wish I myself had the courage to do it, but I dont. At least not for now.

Also I dont think theres any reason to actually talk about it. I think we both know that its over. And if I did bring it up I dont know how I would do it because it would be weird to break up with someone if you were never together, right?

But I cant forget her. I cant get over her, I think about her too much and there are mixed feelings. Im sad, Im happy, angry at her, angry at myself for allowing myself to fall in love with someone like that, and Im starting to wonder if Im ever gonna be able to like someone else again.

What am I gonna do? I want to meet someone else, or at least be able to forget her. How do you do it? How do you manage?

Please help me. Or at least say something.
    Love <3

2. BlueSupernova

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey :slight_smile: I've been through this once before. Moving on from somebody that was never yours to move on from is tough. I went through this with this girl, Violet. She was a little older than me, which, from the start, probably made any hope of a relationship bleak. When I was in 7th grade last year, she was a Jr in High School. She was amazing... funny, sweet, smart, gorgeous, hot. I had a major, major crush on her all year. She was my favorite person in the world, and when she was around, nothing else mattered. But then she moved away and out of nowhere, she was gone, completely gone from my life. For about five months I thought I would never ever move on, and that I would never be attracted to anyone ever again. And maybe you don't want to hear this, but there isn't one remedy, that makes that anger and sadness go away. It just takes time and letting yourself be angry and sad and one day you'll just wake up and realize you are sick of being sad, sick of feeling like you are stuck, and that will be the day you move on.
    I hope this helped, and good luck!

3. StarNights

StarNights Guest

Thank you. Really, thank you. I didnt think anyone would care, thanks for sharing your story :slight_smile: I hope I will someday, and at least I learned one thing from this: no more internet och long distance relationships. :/
    Have a great day :wink: