1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

13 y/o brother asked if I'm gay...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by coreyl13, Jun 30, 2013.

1. coreyl13

The other night I was driving my little brother home he's 13. He asked me if I'm gay. I told him the truth. His reaction was awsome. He goes are you really? Your joking. Then he said well I don't care that your gay it doesn't bother me. This is awesome cause he's all boy very sportsy very into girls.

I feared he would see me as discusting. He then told me he has gay friends at school which gives me so much joy. He's in middle school and the fact that kids are able to come out at such a young age at school is amazing.

I told him mom and dad doesn't know so he can't say anything to them. I feel really bad that he knows before them they've been waiting for the truth for years. I think I'm going to tell them today. I'm so Nervous.

I answered all his questions he asked am I the man or the woman. I explained I hate when ppl ask that. I am a man who likes other men. If I wanted a woman I'd be straight. I also explained I've alway liked men since as far back as I remember and I've had girlfriends because I tried to do the so called right thing. It was a very adult conversation and he said he understood.

My parents would be so upset if they found out he knew before them. However I'm glad he heard it from me.

So that makes my grandpa and little brother. Next the parents. Wish me luck and thanks for reading.

2. Starling

Out Status:
    All but family
    Wow that sounds like it was really terrific and having something at that sensitive, (kinda hateful) age understand must have been super reassuring! Good lucl! :grin:

3. Chickenlover

...trees and rocks and rocks and trees and WATER!
    That is so awesome! Kudos to you for being honest to your little bro! Good luck with the parents.

4. sexyalex

LOL My mom asked me that and I didn't quite sure know how to answer. So I just said to her, that's not how we view it. There are just 4 types of gay people.

and then I proceeded to use an analogy she could relate to:

"It's like a Christmas party! Some guys like to give presents, some pike receiving the packages...some will give and take presents but then there are those who don't care for the holidays at all. You know?"

And she nodded.
    "So what kind of Christmas person are you?", she asked.
    So i answered, "I love me some gifts, ma'h!"

She laughed. And I knew nothing would be the same from then.

---------- Post added 30th Jun 2013 at 09:40 AM ----------

Best of luck. I hope your little brother keeps your secret. But if he doesn't, just remember a mother always knows...

Maybe it is just faith telling you its time.

5. Ticklish Fish

congratulations... I guess?! XD

6. justjade

That's awesome! I'm happy for you! :grin:

I wish you the best of luck. You can do it! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

7. Holly

That is awesome! Give your brother a high five from me!

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

8. The username

Congrats. Glad you got a good reaction from him. Good luck with the parents. =)