1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts on dating websites and speed dating

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by sunnii, Jun 30, 2013.

1. sunnii

One of my mum's friends suggested them to me. Not too sure about them. I find it hard to get myself across in such a short amount of time especially if im nervous. Have any of you had any experiences with them?

2. LD579

To be honest, speed dating seems like it's both good and bad. It's bad because you don't get much time with anyone, and because you might bite off more than you can chew, and you might look a bit desperate.

With that said, it doesn't really matter what others think, to a certain extent. If you go ahead with the speed dating, and it may even be fun and yield many opportunities, then I'd suggest not trying to lead people on if you're just not interested. There's being polite and then there's playing along when you don't feel into the person, you know?

With speed dating, you might get really busy from dates, too. That can either be good or bad, to be honest.

You may already 'know' this, but I'd treat speed dating as a kind of tease thing. You get a few minutes, presumably, to get others interested and to see if you're interested in others. That's not a lot of time. Of course, be yourself, but intriguing others can be helpful, perhaps.

Obligatory disclaimer: I have not speed dated. My only experiences with speed dating are from the movie Hitch. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: