1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well that was embarrassing...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ahundredpennies, Jun 30, 2013.

1. ahundredpennies

So I drew a cartoon of an animal for a guy friend of mine and gave it too him because he said he liked it and said it was a good drawing. Then when I was driving him to someone's house he said the animal's clothes looked gay -___- Making the animal appear gay wasn't my intention in the slightest. Then he asked if I was trying to tell him something! And I said "No" in an unusually high voice and it was so obvious I was hiding something. I just still feel a little unsure about my orientation and am not ready to tell anyone anything yet. But it was so embarrassing :icon_redf and I didn't know what to say next. Can anyone else relate?

2. LD579

Um... That's just kind of slightly odd. I think he was just making a comment, and then based on your reaction he tried to breach the subject of you not being straight. You just tell him when you feel ready and/or when you think the time is right.

I actually can't relate, though. That sounds like an odd experience.

3. ahundredpennies

It was strange I have to admit. He didn't say it like just a random comment, otherwise I would have been able to brush it off more easily. It was said like he wanted to find something out. Oh well, thanks for responding nonetheless!

4. brave

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Dont make it a big deal,he just mentioned smth,that's it. Don't think so much. Thats my advice

5. vrrml

i get into situations like that all the time! i'm terrible at lying about anything, even if its in a jokey way:icon_wink

6. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe he thought you thought he was gay?

7. Grrrr331

Maybe he's just joking or teasing you, don't act too nervous or anything and don't worry.

8. FindingMyself

That would probably make me feel pretty odd too. I would've told him but that's just because I'm quite open with people I'm not related to. He might already know. He might have major "gaydar" or something. Or HE'S gay and doesn't know how to tell anyone either? Just communicate.