1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay friend?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by robotman, Jun 30, 2013.

1. robotman

Hey, I was just wondering do any of you know places or groups that I can go to meet gay people/friends...

Like I don't know any gay people and I feel like I have many friends... When I hang out with them I don't feel fully comfortable because they are all straight and I feel awkward. They don't know I am gay but I just don't feel like I can be myself, so I was wondering if any of you know where I can go to meet like minded people and make friends?

2. Shadowchaser

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would recommend going on tumblr.
    That's a good place to find friends in my opinion but that's just me bro. I apologize if I wasn't much help but hey I'm trying here.

3. robotman

Thanks for the answer man, is tumblr like twitter? but I was kind of looking for like suggestions in real life, like I mean clubs, groups or like sites? where people can like meet up?

4. Jared

We're not allowed to name meet up sites on here. And honestly the ones I can think aren't that great for friends, they're more hookup/dating, mostly hookup, sites. I would try to look online for LGBT events near where you live, or see if there is a local LGBT Center in your area, at least in LA I know of one in Hollywood and one at UCLA. I met a lot of my gay friends at my university's LGBT center.

5. robotman

I live in london but I can't really find anything online, I will try looking again, thanks for the help anyways