1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does he hide it or something?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Perhaps, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Perhaps

Hello everyone. I just wanted your opinions on something.

I posted a thread about a guy I have a crush on a while back(he's a really close friend, if not, best friend), and I am unsure what he prefers. He's given so many signs that makes me thinks that he could like me... And is possibly in denial.

I mean, the big reasons that make me say he only likes women, is that one, he's ok with me liking both genders, and liking him... And he had a crush on a girl apperantly, and didn't seem happy that he didn't have her.

I mean, there are a lot of reasons that I think he likes me, but posting them here is so extensive... A few days ago, he poked me on Facebook randomly. I poked him back, but he didn't poke back... What does this mean?

His sister and cousin jokingly call him gay, which I hope is not a joke.

So... What do you all think? Is he in denial or something? I'm so confused... And it hurts to not know if the person you really like won't like you back... I just want to be with him... And protect him...

2. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Prepare yourself; I'm about to be a douche.

I'm sorry, but this sounds very juvenile. I don't find these to be very compelling arguments for this guy's bisexuality. Perhaps you could go into more detail about why you think he likes you? Because facebook pokes don't contribute all that much to the case. Also, all these ellipses make me feel uneasy.

I don't know this guy, nor do I have much information to go off of, so I can't fairly asses whether or not he's in denial. Just off of this, it kinda just sounds like he's a flirty dude, or testing the waters a bit. To me that is.

3. Perhaps

Oh my, forgive me. It's become a habit of mine with the elipses. If you're thinking I'm suicidal, or cut myself, please don't~. I may be depressed here and there, but I live life, and I'm too scared to even go near a knife lol.

Well, he's done things like:
    1. When we took a "school" trip to Washington, he always sat at the same table with me, even if he had other friends.
    2. He asked to share the same bed with me, even though there were other guys in the room.
    3. When we were doing an Officer's Meeting, he wanted me to sit next to him.
    4. When he claps, he looks my direction, then looks away, then looks back at me.
    5. He keeps good eye contact a lot of the time.
    6. He's never had a girlfriend... And doesn't really talk about girls too often.

And no, you did not offend me at all~. I want hard constructive criticism.

P.S: He knows I like him... I've told him twice lol.

#3 Perhaps, Jun 30, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2013
  4. Perhaps

I guess I'll just "bump" this. I really want more people's opinions if it isn't a bother...

5. Viridian

Viridian Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Does he know you like him in a romantic way when you told him you liked him twice?

If he knows, I would just say move on to someone else. He probably just sees you as a good friend.

6. Perhaps

I'm not sure what you mean by romantic way... I mean, I didn't tell him I loved him, I just said I have feelings for him(at least, I hope he understood it that way).

7. BudderMC

Tbh, everything he's doing sounds like what a friend does for a friend. I wouldn't read too much into it.

Beyond that, you've already told him that you're into guys AND into him. That's really everything you can do from your end in trying to build a relationship - let him know that you have feelings for him. If he doesn't have (or won't show for whatever reason) that he has feelings for you, then you need to leave it at that.

8. Perhaps

All right then. Thank you 3 for your responses. I guess it's time to move on then, but that'll take a while. I mean, who knows what'll happen in the future? But for now, it doesn't seem like a possible thing I suppose~.