1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP. So Confused :(

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Vistalarga, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Vistalarga

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I need some help understanding how to handle my relationship and hopefully save it. I have been in a relationship with a much older man for 8 years. We have also been in a work partner ship for a 9 years. He knew from day one that I have been attracted to women. But never in a relationship with one. Which he has been fine with. He has always been there for me and has given up a lot to be with me. Our relationship has never been acknowledged to anyone due to my family repercussions. So i am living want seems to be a double secret life. But the last year we have been drifting apart. I do love him but I yearn for a female relationship, but I'm stuck on a crossroads I'm the type of person that needs to love the person if I were to want to act on my attraction to women . Which my boyfriend encourages. But I can't get past I love him. I would feel terrible to do that to him. Yet our sexual and general relationship is getting farther and farther apart. Dispite his efforts and mine. The spark just isn't there. He's so sweet to me and bends over backwards for me, but we have gone from being best friends and lovers to just work partners. I just don't know how to make this all work ? We seem to always seem to be at each each others throats. This all work and no play is terrible. I just dont know how to show him i do care and i am his partner. Pls if anyone has any advice. Thanks to anyone who posts. I on the verge of giving up everything.

2. catboy

I think you should both take a break. Step back from your relationship for a while. Take some time to breathe in and out and reflect. Then see where you are feeling lead.