1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I like my friend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Holly, Jul 1, 2013.

1. Holly

Crikey it's been a busy evening... It's kinda all kicked off, and now I realise I rather like one of my really good friends, we'll call her R.

Me and R met rather recently, through our English Lit class, and we've gotten on really well since. We're generally touchy feely with each other, we hug a lot. She doesn't know about my sexuality. Or at least I think she doesn't. She joined in a conversation which me and another friend (who's bisexual) were having about the recent DOMA law changes and Prop 8. I was using personal pronouns, and I mentioned several times about coming out of the closet. I know she probably had her suspicions after the conversation, but I literally have no clue if she's guessed about me being gay.

Now, onto tonight. I came out to my best friend today, A, and she was really supportive. Through her general questions, she finally came on to 'So, are you and R an item?". I had never really considered the idea of liking R in that way, but then it started playing on my mind. We hug a lot, and we are very close. Anyway, I obviously said no.

Then, I decided to text R, because through my straying mind, I thought it was kinda hilarious. R had walked me home this afternoon from school, which was really nice, and I suppose that just added to the onslaught of confused feelings. I do find her kind of attractive, and she wears these tank tops that yeah, are really nice...

I sent a text to a few other friends, laughing about it. Then two others said we suit each other, and that one of them thought R was bisexual. So I started freaking I guess. I haven't got a clue how I feel about R...

So yeah. Now me and R have planned to mess with A and on Wednesday, greet each other as girlfriends. This plan is all fine and hilarious, until she sent me a text saying that she will kiss me on the cheek. Now I'm freaking, because I know she may do it, and I want to come out to her the same day and I'm scared it's going to make it awkward between us. I don't even know if she swings this way...

I suppose I just wanted to type this out, half to get everyone's advice, and half to try and make sense with it in my mind. Opinions?

2. KingdomKeyDK

I think you are okay. If she wants to kiss you on the cheek, she probably already knows, she's just waiting to hear it from you. Don't fret.