1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Conversation Starters/How to Approach Him?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by clarkec1, Jul 1, 2013.

1. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

OK, so I've got past the initial do I tell him/don't I stage, but now I'm seeking hard advice for how to approach this difficult but strictly inevitable stage.

Some people have said that I should "smile at him", but he doesn't look at me enough for that to happen. Sure enough, he looks at me a lot from distances, but only briefly when we are close, and that's only acknowledging one another's presence.

And please don't say "talk to him", because the while thread is about "Conversation Starters". What should I say? I'm not just going to say hi, because he doesn't looks at me properly when we're close, and because he is very strongly suspicious that I like him, he might consider me weird.

So how should I approach it? I am seriously considering progressing this now. It's the 6 weeks holiday in 3 weeks, and I can't bare not to see him for that long. And I know that I should consider that he will decline my offer of a relationship, but I really need to hurry up with this now, and get to know him.

What should I do? - I want to do something about this tomorrow!

2. KnownSecret

Approaching people can be difficult, do you and him have any common interests that you know of? Do you have a friend that is also friends with him? Maybe you could have your friend introduce you if they are friends that would be a really simple way. Other then those you should wait for someone else to post lol because I always just go and say hi to people and eventually get to know them. Maybe joke around a bit to show that I'm a funny person :wink: just take it slow that's the only advice I could give because going to fast could ruin your chances! Good luck!

~Zack~

3. MrBrightside

Well if you want to talk and play it safe, theres a couple ways to start it.

If he doesnt know you or you havent talked before, start off like "hey, i dont think weve ever properly met, im [NAME]... hows it going?" Then go from there, if he doesnt chat much you can probably deduce hes not too interested, if he chats alot there may be something there. Once your talking you can make an informed decision on what to do next.

If u have talked before, just make small talk. Something like "hey, hows it going?" ask about holiday plans etc, asking questions is always a good shout to keep a conversation going and find some common ground :slight_smile:

Hope this is helpful and not too irrelevant/obvious :grin:

4. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

Thanks, he's naturally quiet though, and doesn't really have a wide friendship circle, and tries to hang around with anyone really, and that's sort of something that I like about him. We have no interests that I know of, but that's because we've never actually properly met. But I bet that we have got lots in common once we get to know each other. My best friend is friends with his sister on Facebook, and she always ask him about me, I don't know whether she's just curious, or is trying to see if I really do like him, and to find more about me, because I'm also pretty sure she knows that I like him. But she seems fine with it, and so does he, if they do know.

5. MrBrightside

If you take it slow and just chat, the worst that can happen is you have little in common. Though likely you will start to chat more regularly, and get to know each other. Then u can meet outside of school, as friends and see where it goes from there. Slow and steady wins the race. You will come out of it all with a friend if nothing else.

From what you say it sounds like he might appreciate someone speaking to him, and will be quite receptive to you introducing yourself so you shouldnt worry on that note. :slight_smile:

Do you know for sure he likes guys? If not the slow approach is a good plan till you can be sure he likes guys and whether or not he likes you as more than a friend :slight_smile:

6. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well, actually, you don´t need to chat. If he is sitting somewhere you could simply say:"Can I sit next to you?"
    And just do. You don´t need to talk.
    He might come up with something. He might not.
    But you could just sit there.
    It will help to get used to being around him without feeling awkward.

(And you could offer him a share of something you have, or bring him a snack)

7. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do you have a facebook? Maybe you could add him as a friend and go from there?

8. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Here's a thought-experiment: how would you like to be approached if someone were interested in you?

Try to think of various scenarios where you would be open to such an approach...it may lead to some interesting ideas as to how you could approach him.