1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One of my not single friends kissed me. Is this my information to share?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Parsley, Jul 1, 2013.

1. Parsley

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I got VERY drunk with one of my friends, and we kissed. Which sounds great right? We're friends. I think she's attractive. It was a good kiss. It made me really damn sure I'm gay...but she's not single.

It was a drunken mistake, and it won't happen again. The thing is, one of our mutual friends is awfully confused as to why we're very suddenly acting so awkward around each other. I want to tell this mutual friend what happened so that I can ask her advice about some thing relating to this. But is this my information to share? I'm single so this impacts me far less than the friend the kiss was with. However, my friend that I kissed has already told her girlfriend about it so it doesn't stand to damage her relationship any more than it already has if I tell mutual friend.

Would I be right to share this information in the hopes of getting mutual friend's advice? Or am I sworn to secrecy on this in order to be a good friend and not betray her trust? She had asked me if I told mutual friend, and when I told her that I didn't, she didn't follow it up with a request to not ever tell mutual friend. Also, I can't now ask her if I can tell mutual friend because the awkwardness has evolved to the point of us not really speaking. Thus the reason I need advice from mutual friend.

#1 Parsley, Jul 1, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2013
  2. Byron

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If your friend won't talk to you about it, then ask her girlfriend if she thinks that it would be ok to tell your mutual friend. Also, try to put yourself in her shoes, would you be ok with her telling if she was single and you were not?

3. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If you feel it is necessary to tell, why not?
    Could you do it without saying with who it was, maybe? I mean, if the advice you want it is about you, the kiss might have been important, but not the other party, right?

*edit:I just understand that the mutual friend is bound to know since she thinks you are weird around eachother, right?
    Well, I would still not make a big deal out of it. Treat it as if you flashed her or something. You did something silly. It´s not like you want to start an affair or something. And the girlfriend is okay with it, so there is nothing she can spoil, is there?

#3 Boyfriend, Jul 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2013
  4. Parsley

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If you put it this way, then no I would not feel comfortable with it from her side. I won't share this with our mutual friend. I'll find another friend that we don't have in common to talk to.

Thanks for the advice, guys. :slight_smile: