1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ripped out of the closet

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by gem1715, Jul 1, 2013.

1. gem1715

Out Status:
    All but family
    I had no intention of coming out to my parents until at least a year (I wanted to be more sure of everything) but my mom accidentally found my "internet diary" thing and found out everything. I was forcibly ripped from the closet and this all just feels like a terrible dream. In all honesty my mom and dad took it a bit better than I expected but it was still much less than ideal considering I was not prepared for this in the slightest.
    I wanted to have support sights ready and maybe even bake a cake to lighten the load but instead I get a call from my brother saying that we're going for a late night drive and I knew immediately that somehow someone found out about my being gay/questioning. He took it well...I was surprised about that considering he's super religious. He said he doesn't necessarily agree with it but he still loves me and we pretty much agreed to disagree. My mom cried. My dad says I'm confused and just haven't met the right guy. He says he doesn't believe me. I'm proud of myself for not becoming angry. I know he has a long way to go and will eventually accept me but it was so hard to see him pacing the room saying, "I don't believe it, I just don't believe it."
    I just feel so crappy right now. I wasn't ready. Not in the slightest. I wish I could curl up under a blanket in my warm closet and hide for the next couple of years.
    This is more of a rant than anything but I'm still in panic mode...
    All of this is just making me question even more because now I feel like I've let my parents down. I feel like this has set me back a lot when it comes to me accepting myself and becoming confident in who I truly am because of how upset my parents were.
    I don't know if I can handle this.
    Does anyone have any advice?

2. SomeNights

It sucks right now, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's a good thing. As far as advice, just relax breath and vent. (*hug*)