1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused about this guy

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Noivern, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Noivern

Noivern Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have been talking to this guy online for a while. We would arrange to meet up, but when the day came closer, he would ignore my messages. I took that as him not being interested in me any more so I stopped speaking to him. A couple of days later, he would start off a conversation by saying hello and it was like we never arranged to meet up before. This happened a couple of times and I thought he was leading me on.

Anyway, we eventually did meet 2 weeks ago and I went out drinking with him and his friends. He said a few times that we should meet up again when sober. I slept round his friends house and he started cuddling up to me. I don't know if he is interested in me though. Since we met up, we both sent texts saying that we should meet up again. I sent him a text telling him the days I have off last week, but he didn't reply. I went out drinking with my friends on Saturday and I sent him a text asking if he wants to join us. He phoned me up saying that he wish he could but he was in a different city at the time and he was quite drunk as well. The next day, he sent me a text saying that we should meet up soon. I asked him if he would like to meet up this week and he said yes. I asked him what day would be best for him but I haven't got a response yet.

I get the impression that he doesn't want to meet up when it's just me and him or if we are sober. He knows I like him, but I don't know if he is leading me on. I don't want to send him another text because I don't want to sound desperate and he will probably ignore it as well. I am just really confused :frowning2:

Forgot to mention that on Saturday, he asked me if I wanted to me his bf some time because he liked me and I told him I liked him too. He hasn't mentioned anything about that again and he was drunk at the time so I'm not sure if he actually meant it. He also asked me if I was looking for a relationship the first time we met but we were really drunk
    and I don't remember much of that conversation.

2. Aster Tataricus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well alcohol does reveal your true self, but it's not the best basis for a relationship.
    I presume you met him in an online dating site, correct? Most people in there never meet up with the other person, if they are indeed trying to lead you on. So odds are that he is interested in you :slight_smile:

Maybe he's just not comfortable with his sexuality... Most guys use alcohol to feel comfortable when out in public. It's not you, it's the social stigma that society creates when it comes to homosexuality. That would explain why he avoids meeting you unless it's with someone he knows.

Definitely meeting sober would be the better choice. :thumbsup:

3. Noivern

Noivern Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks for the reply :slight_smile: That could be the case, but I do think he is comfortable with his sexuality. He is quite open about it on Facebook lol