1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When You Told Your Friends, Were They Nervous?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by spockbach, Jul 2, 2013.

1. spockbach

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    When you told your friends you were bi or gay, did they get nervous about you coming on to them? I had one friend react oddly, and I'm kind of scared she might think I have a crush on her.

2. LD579

It's not been a problem for me. Then again, most of my friends are girls.

3. Colours

Not counting the friend I ended up dating (because he did get nervous around me at first, though in a different way), not really. There's one friend who I haven't actually seen since I came out to him, but I hardly think he will. It's surprising how understanding and not-suspicious my male friends are.

4. BabyKoalas

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had one friend who reacted a little strangely. She was accepting but very much like "Are you sure? But how do you know?" and questioned me a lot. But other than that, no. I actually had one friend that was offended I didn't have a crush on her haha!

When you say she reacted oddly, what do you mean exactly?

x x x

5. biggayguy

A couple of people acted strange at first. Then they saw it was the same me and settled right down. It was like they thought I was going to jump on them for saying the wrong thing.

6. spockbach

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Ha! That's awesome. Yeah, she was just kind of like, "Wait wait wait, WHAT?! I mean, that time you hung out with that girl, were you attracted to her?" And I was like, "No," and she said, "I, um, I mean it's not like I'm upset or anything." And it was just sort of the elephant in the room ...