1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Major crush on straight best friend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by logos, Jul 2, 2013.

1. logos

hello everyone! I have a rather large crush on one of my best friends, who is straight. I mean she has a boyfriend, so I imagine she is straight. To make things a bit more complicated I'm not 100% out to her. I'm pretty sure she knows I'm gay, and I know she's cool with the LGBT+ community, but I haven't explicitly told her I'm gay. I've hinted at it though. I don't know what to do because I don't want to risk our friendship. It's hard, but I think I'd rather just try to hide my feelings than risk us no longer being close. Its hard to hide feelings though... Also she's a bit of a touchy person, which is quite nice, but adds to my overall confusion. We don't touch all the time or anything (in general I'm a person who likes to keep my own space), but sometimes she'll do little things like rest her head on me or we'll walk arm in arm. Actually, we've cuddled a few times. All this only adds to my confusion. To make a long story short what should I do?

Thanks!

2. AlexKnight

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Having been in this situation myself, I'll put in my 2 cents. If you're sure that she's cool with the LGBT+ community, then I don't see a problem with coming out to her. I do suggest waiting before you confess any feelings to her, if at all. Don't get your hopes up; it took me awhile to learn that some straight girls were just touchier than others, especially with a best friend.

I honestly think it'd be best to let those feelings fade if you want to preserve the friendship. I know that it's hard, but believe me when I say that crushes don't last forever. Just my 2 cents; it's your decision in the end. :slight_smile: Let me know how everything goes.

3. Grrrr331

If she is okay with the LGBT thing, then it is okay to come out to her. About confessing to her, I'm not sure. I guess you just tried to be a little flirty, and if she find it weird and uncomfortable, BACK OFF! You don't want to ruin the friendship. Best 'o luck

4. logos

Thanks to you both! That's what I was thinking would be best to do, I appreciate the confermation though.