1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Falling for one of my best friends

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Babisha, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Babisha

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I met this girl on Twitter last year, and we became really close pretty quickly. We Skype each other all the time and we've been doing it for seven months or so. She's one of my best friends (one of the few who know I'm gay), and she's repeatedly told me that I'm the only person who understands her. Over the past few months, I've developed a huge crush on her, and it just keeps growing. I'm slowly falling in love with her. There are two problems with this: she lives on the opposite side of the U.S. and she's asexual.

At first, she thought she was pansexual, which kind of gave me some hope that she liked me back since she acts like it sometimes. An example would be she absolutely hates a friend of mine because this friend and I always used to joke about dating each other. She's admitted to it making her jealous.

Maybe two months ago, I told her that I liked her, and she said she wasn't going to let it ruin out friendship. Then a few weeks later, she told me that the boy she liked liked her back. I was absolutely crushed. She just recently broke up with him because she realized that relationships aren't for her and she loses interest quickly. It kind of made me happy because it meant that she would stop telling me about how amazing that guy is and how much they liked each other.

I'm not exactly sure how to interpret the combination of hints that she likes me back and her recent decision that she's asexual (I don't entirely believe that she is, just because of some of the things she talks about and says, but she might be). I've tried getting over her, but it doesn't seem possible. I just don't know what to do.

That was kind of long and had pointless information :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Sorry