1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dealing with an awkward friend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by JayR, Jul 2, 2013.

1. JayR

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have this friend in high school, and we're really close to the extent that we call each other best friends. But here's the problem, as years pass by, we begin to drift apart from each other. I mean, we're like two strings that doesn't connect at all. We're different persons now and it's totally AWKWARD. I don't want this to be an emotional post or something, i'm done with that. I just don't know how to deal with him. We're in college now.Yes, i confess, i did love him, and i had a crush on him, and i moved on. Of course he didn't know that :slight_smile: I think, while i'm on the process of moving on, it affected our friendship. It's an unsaid fact, but I know he does feel too that something is wrong. It just it's too awkward for us to talk about it. Sometimes we call each other best friends, but that's it, just the labels. it became meaningless. Should i just ignore it and be "awkward" forever, or what? I also considered cutting ties with him, you know to be free from this mess. but i just can't do that, there's a little part of me that still clings on our dying friendship. What should i do guys? I am not good at this. It's just awkward. I don't like drama guys, considering that fact that we're both guys, and assume he is "straight".I wanna settle things in a less dramatic way. Any good tips?

#1 JayR, Jul 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2013
  2. SomeNights

What makes it awkward? I mean I think you should hold on to a close friend as they are hard to come by. What I think you should do is something to rekindle the friendship. Get real with him. Like does he know your "unstright"? Or try and find the common ground at originally had you guys as friends.

3. JayR

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    hi! sorry for the excessive usage of "awkward".. but that's how i describe our friendship. He knows im not straight, i think he's fine with it. Thanks for the advice.