1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I worry way too much.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by EyesNeverLie, Jul 3, 2013.

1. EyesNeverLie

So I have been with my girlfriend, Lacey for two years and almost 7 months. I love her dearly. But it seems like we have a problem.

Over a month ago.. I almost lost her. She told me over a text message that she has been slowly fallen out of love with me for a year now. I was.. shocked. It felt like a slap in the face. She has not shown me any signs of fallen out of love with me for that whole year. We were even talking about getting promise rings for one another and everything! I wasn't sure what to say after she told me that. She wanted us to remain friends and I wasn't even sure I could do that. I cried the whole day.

That same night.. after hours of crying, we had a long talk. We argue.. I cried.. She got mad.. She even asked me, how I would feel if she starting dating other people! I knew right then and there that our relationship was over. But after some more hours of talking.. she decided to give me another chance.

Well, a month has passed since that horrible day and she told me that she has fallen in love with me all over again. She said that the love was still there but it was hidden somewhere.

We have been doing a lot better.. Spending plenty of time together and not arguing as much.

Lately, she hasn't really shown me affection. We never cuddle anymore like wwe used to. We don't even have sex anymore.. not that it really matters but I do like to make love to her every once in awhile. Every time I'm in the mood.. she usually replies with I'm too tired or I'm not in the mood. If I ask her if she still loves me.. she gets mad. She's always saying I worry too much. Which is true but has she fallen out of love with me again? She tells me she loves me all the time..

I don't know.. I'm so confused.

Any advice?

2. STM29

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh, difficult situation...very confusing :confused:

Uhm, I don't really know what to say, but I want to share my thoughts to your situation with you. Maybe you get something helpful from them.

It is hard when someone tells you, the love has gone... especially after beeing together for years. Accepting and realizing that a relationship ends can suck as hell...sometimes it is so damn hard.
    That she gave you a second chance is great! But there is the question for me: does she really still love you? does she like you as a good friend and doesn't want to see you unhappy, so she gave you the second chance a bit out of pity? Difficult to answer. :icon_sad:

So, after trying it again, she says that she still loves you so much. Great! But when the feelings, your talks and your touches are different to the ones they where before it's bad. No cuddling, no sex... bad. It is obvious to see, that something in your relationship goes really wrong.

Maybe she tried to love you, but couldn't it anymore.
    Other option, she doesn't love you anymore and doesn't want to hurt you again and isn't courageous enough to tell you the truth.
    Or of course, she also could really love you! But the things that had happend destroyed something between you both and had to be fixed?!

I don't know. I can't answer all these questions. Unfortunately, we can't look inside her head. I'm sure she can answer us the questions. :rolle:

It is to be feared, that the only way to get clarity to this situation is to talk to her. Tell her about your feelings and everything that's troubling you. Well, she might answer again that you shouldn't worry so much and that everything is fine. But be persistent and try to have a serious conversation with her and get honest anwers. For me it seems to be the only way to have a chance to get your relationship fixed.

I wish you so much luck from the bottom of my heart (*hug*)