1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disappointment

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by FindingMyself, Jul 3, 2013.

1. FindingMyself

What's everyone's way of dealing with meeting someone, hoping they'll be with you, and then having it fizzle out? Like how do you see past the awk stage and still remain friends?

2. Amerigo

i've never allowed myself to get to that stage to begin with :]

3. NEWFrontiers22

Don't know, I'll let you know when I find out.

4. FindingMyself

Well my solutions used to include getting mad and trying to pursue a relationship anyway but that failed.

5. Anshel

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I guess, you can't be friends with someone you like, at least I can't. Seeing that someone often, being nice and polite, sharing jokes etc...How can you be friends if you still feel something for that person?

"Friendship often ends in love; but love in friendship, never." pretty much sums up everything. Even if you just liked that person, I still think you can't get over that person if you remain friends.

6. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Keep looking for someone, quite frankly. If you let yourself fixate on them as the only option for you in life, it's going to be difficult to remain friends.

7. FindingMyself

I suppose my ex boyfriend and I are able to get along only because I technically don't and didn't have feelings for him even though I didn't think I was a lesbian at the time.

Also, Gravity, I definitely don't see this person as the only person I could be with. Don't worry about that :slight_smile:

8. xwitnessx

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    do you mean meeting someone, getting close, then realizing it wasn't for you? if it's someone you want to remain friends with after something like this, i think maybe just time. as with most things. it all takes time. don't hang out for a little while, keep the texts to a minimum, and when you've both had time to adjust and forget, get back to being friends!