1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Odd Habits?

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by kresukun, Aug 20, 2013.

1. kresukun

I have an odd habit of biting my nails whenever I am nervous and becuase of that my nails are incredibly short.

2. blond

I turn my shirt's and pant's inside out before i wear them. Just in case a bug is inside them.

3. RocketMoose27

-I have double jointed thumbs that I tend to forget about sometimes. When I'm messing with my fingers and my thumb goes backwards, I freak out and instantly think "I BROKE MY THUMB!" until I finally calm down and realize how stupid I can be sometimes(often). :eusa_doh:

-I feel as if I HAVE to say "Good morning" to my buffalo hat and teddy bears every morning in an enthusiastic tone.

Those count, right? :confused:
    Of course, I would name more but I can't think of any right off the bat, which is ironic considering I have loads of odd habits. :bang:

4. FloatingPiano

I have to check EC, Twitter, Gmail etc. on my laptop before I even get out of the bed in the morning.

I also always shower in the morning, very rarely at night.

5. BornInTexas

I don't drink whatever I order as a drink at a restaurant until I finish whatever food is on my plate that I ordered. I am not sure why I do that, I just do.

6. Stripe101

I can't sleep unless my blanket covers my ear. I always feel like a spider is going to jump down from the ceiling, crawl in my ear, and die. Or even worse, lay eggs.

I know it's improbable but's it's a nervous habit.

7. GayNerd

1.I am pretty sure I have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, so I do lots of things 5 times.

2.I can't sleep without my blankets on, even in the Summer.

3.I carry my Teddy Bear(yes, at my age) everywhere around the house. NOT in public places.

4.I put my shirt on before my pants/shorts, every single time.

5.I take exactly 3 sips of my drink before my meal.

6.I always read the magazines in the check-out line to pay for groceries to read news, even if I already read it before.

7.I hold onto the handle in the car that's above the door whenever I'm going over Train Tracks.

8.Whenever I laugh, I laugh for 3 seconds(depending what it is I'm laughing at) and then immediately go to a serious face.

9.I must say good morning and good night to my Teddy Bear every day.

10.I say my Catchphrase 10 times a day. If it's, for example, 8 times, the next day, it's 12 times. If it's 13 times in one day, it's 7 times the next day.

I believe that's it.

8. RoguesWolfe

I don't bite my nails but kinda rip them off ( bad idea) so they are always short. I always have to brush my hair before I take a shower even if I am not washing it. I bite my lip too often sometimes too hard when I get nervous. I have to sleep with the covers over head, one because of spiders and two because I am still afraid of the dark. As soon as I wake up I have to put socks on even if the house is spotless, also cannot sleep with socks on. I can't miss a shower, if i do I will get very depressed and feel awful. Ok I'll end it there.

9. Secretman

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wear my watch with the face facing inwards. I guess that's mildly odd.

10. LinkLarkin

Also nail biting. It's so awful that I feel the need to tell my counsellor about it even though it has nothing to do with why I'm there.

Also, I have to watch The Nightmare Before Christmas every December 24th, and I also usually eat my food in order (i.e. instead of having a bit of potato then a bit of pie then a bit more potato then some vegetables, I have to eat all of one section at once before I move on to the next thing), although I'm doing that less often as I get older.

11. Pocky

I'm sorry you guys but that's just too adorable :love:

12. KingdomKeyDK

I don't need it, but I still sleep with my teddy bear that I've had for 13 years. When I'm upset or something like that, I take it and I hold it up to my face. He smells like Tide because I've had to wash him so many times. When I'm out camping or something like that, I occasionally bring him and put him in my sleeping bag.

Also when I'm alone in my room, I start jumping around like a total anime nerd would do. And I monologue stories that I've made up in my head. This is a secret I have told no one. You would be wise not to tell anyone.

13. blond

I do that too!

14. Donnerschlag

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I put my paper bills inside my shoes. I can't start my meal until after I arrange the food on my plate.

15. jae

jae

I am constantly checking and rechecking the locks on my car and my home. I have been known to drive an hour away and turn around go back home and recheck the locks..... now my oldest child takes pictures of the doors being locked so that I do not lose my s*** halfway to a destination and turn around..

16. Sabinian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I bite my nails as well.

I also used to sleep with a teddy bear whenever I don't have a person to share my bed with. ;-) As I've been dating a very wonderful boy for the past month, my poor bear must be awfully lonely at this point. The bear was a gift given to me when I was two years old when my brother was born. It was my grandma's way of saying "you still matter even though you are no longer my only grandkid."

I also almost never eat leftovers. It's a weird phobia of mine.

17. Kyllani

I have a mild/moderate case of OCD, so I have a few little habits.

I have to leave for school at least an hour before class starts, even though it's only a 12 minute drive...because it takes me so long to make sure the door is locked. Like someone else said, sometimes I get halfway to my destination and have to turn around and come back.

I have to do things in even numbers. Like, if I cook eggs, it has to be an even number. If I eat pretzels, I have to eat them 2 at a time.

I have to sleep facing the door to my room.

I pop my knuckles when I'm nervous.

18. LinkLarkin

Also, my television volume has to be a multiple of 5, preferably a multiple of 10.

I'm so jealous of all the people saying they have teddy bears. I really want to buy one but as a twenty year old male "straight" guy I don't think I could get away with it at the moment. One day! :grin:

19. Northern

Singing, I tend to sing a lot like whenever I do something I tend to sing.

20. ToxicRat

I always look over my shoulder when I'm going upstairs, and when I'm putting my bedroom light on I open the door just enough for my hand to get through to the light switch, and only open the door all the way when the light's on.