1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guess the preceding poster's ethnicity (or ethnicities!)

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by Rakkaus, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Alright, so inspired by one person's surprisingly fun thread asking about what ethnicity they look...now we can all play at guessing each others' ethnicities! :icon_bigg

Obviously you need to have a picture of yourself (avatar, profile pic, album pic, or all even all 3!) uploaded to play! :icon_wink

(And don't reveal any answers in the thread!)

:thewave:

#1 Rakkaus, Jan 13, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2014
  2. Techno Kid

Rakkaus, if you can still edit could you change "he" to "they"? :slight_smile:

Not sure how to play if no revealing answers in thread... : 3

#2 Techno Kid, Jan 13, 2014
  3. The_Poets

US/ Hogwarts/ vacations spent in the tardis
    Guess my ethnicity

Hint: My dad is from Northern Europe. My favorite food is karjalanpiirakka. I grew up learning that santa was not in fact from the north pole rather from this relatively small country.

4. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Rakkaus, you should also make the rule that first-hand knowledge, through other communications, is not admissible, resulting in "I know, I know." Also, a person does not have to acknowledge whether someone's guess is correct or not. We can keep people guessing.

The Poets (above me): Finland, but not sure

Bonus answer - Rakkaus: based on NYC, his user name, and his avatar, I would say half Dutch and/or Scandinavian, and half Italian. You started it!

#4 Tightrope, Jan 13, 2014
  5. Floydie

Floydie Guest

Er...multi-racial?

6. mermaid

Yes, that's right, santa is from Rovaniemi, Finland! I've been there and have seen his post-office!:icon_wink
    Do you speak Finnish? I love if Swedish is spoken with a Finnish accent, so sweet!

7. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

mermaid, you broke the rule, no revealing answers as to your own ethnicity in this thread! :icon_wink

But anyway I'm glad to see there is finally some interest in this thread.

And btw people, try to be specific and creative with your guesses like "50% French, 25% Swedish, 25% Mexican", not just "European" or "Hispanic".

Here are my guesses for the above people:

Techno Kid: I would guess at least 50% of Indian subcontinent origin (Indian, Pakistani, etc.), or maybe some Roma/Gypsy origin. I would say at least maybe 25% European, but it's really hard to detect exactly where, maybe Eastern European which is where the Roma/Gypsy admixture might have occurred.

The Poets: No idea, because you also broke the rule of not posting unless you have some form of picture of yourself uploaded to EC. :wink:

Tightrope: Same as The Poets, you don't have a picture uploaded! :eek: Based on what I know of your religious and education background I'd guess some degree of Irish, but really have no idea.

Floydie: Again the same problem, the only pic you have uploaded is a pic of your arm and muscles, light-skinned so I'd guess you are either of European or East Asian background. But a face pic at least is necessary in order to make a more specific guess.

mermaid: You also don't have a pic uploaded! But based on your use of a word like karjalanpiirakka and your reference to Santa Claus, I knew the answer couldn't be anything but Finnish even before you revealed your answer. :grin:

But c'mon people, upload pics, post specific, creative answers, and don't reveal any answers as to your own ethnic background in the thread!