1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fast Fiction

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by An Gentleman, Mar 19, 2014.

1. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You start with a prompt and a minimum word count.
    Stay loyal to them and keep long stories spoilered.
    Otherwise, go for it and do what you want.
    After you write a story, make a new prompt. Try to keep stories in one post.

Here's the first one. (You don't need to format it like this.)
    -250+ words
    Prompt: A genie grants a weeaboo their greatest wish.
    They get to live in Japan, and they magically speak Japanese now!
    Write about the weeaboo's misadventures.

#1 An Gentleman, Mar 19, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
  2. Niko

“SUUUGOIII!” The weeaboo exclaimed after they magically appeared in Tokyo, Japan. This was there life long dream, after watching, not just a few animes; but all of the animes ever known to come out. The first thing they decided to do was go straight to an Otaku shop. Inching their way through the crowded streets of Tokyo, they made their way over to one of the best Otaku shops in the city. They knew about this, because they did their research of course. After a long walk through the city, they finally made it to Tokyo’s famous Okatu store “Mandarake”. The weeaboo, filled with excitement, ran into the store; and nearly fainting at the sight of how much inventory this place really had. No anime convention compared to what they saw here. Walking around the store, they came across a small black cat plushie with a typical cute anime face, with what appeared to be big glistening black eyes. “Ah! KAAWWAAIII DESUU!!!” They screamed out in the store, making everyone else around them uncomfortable. This black cat would go perfect with the rest of their plushie collection. Taking it in their arms, they went up to the cashier and purchased the small plushie cat, along with a few other things of course. It was then time that the weeaboo would head on home, to their new Japanese apartment; and so they skipped down the streets of Tokyo with the cat plushie firmly pressed up against their chest.

Once they were back at their apartment, the weeaboo placed the small cat doll at the top of their futon. When it was time for bed, they snuggled up close to their new doll and slowly drifted to sleep.

It was then, later that night, as the weeaboo was in their deep slumber, that the cat doll came to life. It blinked its cute eyes at first and slowly began to stretch itself out in its awakening. It’s expression then soon changed from “Kawaii” to “Kowai” and grinned a toothy grin as it lurked over the sleeping weeaboo.

End

That was a hard topic, not going to lie. xD

Prompt: Two friends decide to go walking along the beach, they discover something very strange. One friend is curious to see what is, while the other just wants to leave it alone and go back. What happens and how does this all end?

3. Abbra

Jaimie’s feet always sunk in the sand, while the soles of Darren’s feet only removed a few grains from the surface. It wasn’t any fair that Darren always won their races when he knew Jaime was so much bigger than him.
    This time, Jaimie won though. His hand slapped against the log blackened by the gray sea and he cried out to the salty skies. However, he had to swivel his head when he saw his little red-haired friend scrunched over a pile of pile of junk left in an abandoned tide pool.
    “Hey, did you find you diapers in there cry baby?” Jaimie jested.
    Darren was used to such jests, so he opted to ignore his friend. However, Jaimie wasn’t having it. He walked over to Darren and slapped his carrot colored curls. Darren grabbed onto his head and let out a grunt.
    “Ow, knock it off!” He yelled.
    “What are you staring at?” asked Jaimie as he began breathing over Darren’s neck.
    Darren moved his head out of the way. There, underneath the pile of junk was a harvesting sickle with its dull blade peppered with red splotches.
    “Wha… what’s the red?” asked Jaimie as he started to back away.
    In an attempt to frighten Jaimie, he shaped his smile like a lone watermelon slice. His eyes grew bigger and his voice fell into a growl.
    “It’s blood, Jaimie.”
    Though frightened, Jaimie kept his voice from shaking too much.
    “No way. It’s just rust.”
    Darren let out an evil laugh from the pit of his stomach.
    “Rust isn’t red Jaimie. It’s blood. It’s a lot of blood from a big fat body.”
    The word “fat” removed fear for a brief moment and it was replaced with anger. He shoved Darren a bit as a warning.
    “Don’t call me fat, ass.”
    As Darren got more into character, the scrawny bones in his body, normally something to laugh at, just made him jagged and intimidating. His posture was like a tree and his voice had dulled into a hiss.
    “Touch it,” he whispered.
    “What?” asked Jaime.
    “Touch it. Prove to me it’s not real,” Darren taunted.
    Jaimie knew that Darren could go too far sometimes. He took a step back, his heels retreating into the sand.
    “No… I don’t want a disease.”
    “Touch it,” Darren demanding with a bit of a crescendo to demand force.
    “No,” Jaimie yelled as he was ready to run away.
    “Fine!” Darren yelled, his eyes on fire. “I’ll touch it!”
    He reached his hand into the pile of junk and he grabbed the sickle by the handle. He heard a snap and felt some sharp appendages brush against his flesh. Darren looked down and saw a mangled figure with fingers reaching in the shape of the sickle’s blade. It had been dyed black, just like the log they used as a finish line. In no time at all, Darren went from demon to boy.
    “It touched me, let’s get out of here,” he screamed.
    The two boys took off at the same speed, not one faster than the other. The prints in the sand were different, but they were one in the same. If only they had noticed the root growing over the blade was the same as the tree they had raced towards. But then again, you miss a lot when you go too quickly.

Prompt: 150+ words.

You are writing from the point of view of an 11 year old girl. She just got into a fight with a member of her family and is reflecting on it.

4. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Here's the story. I can't stay serious for too long, but I tried my best.

Dear some adult in the house Mom,

I didn't mean to hurt him. I really didn't. All I did was re-borrow something. He was calling everyone a "#@%^" and a "@#%^&*%" and stuff. I had to do it, or God would come down from the sky and say, "HEY YOU SHOULDN'T CURSE, WARREN. YOUR'E SENDING LITERAL CURSES AT HEAVEN SO WOULD YOU STOP THAT?"

Aunt Celia's usually saying something like that, but it's hard to tell. Aunt Celia likes to use "medeaval" English when she talks, just like how Warren speaks in something called leet.
    I wish they'd stop doing that. It's really annoying sometimes, like those weird toys Warren keeps in his room! Warren told me that they're called figma and they're from Japan. I wanted to play with them, but Warren told me to eff off. My big brother sucks sometimes.

When he stole my Wii Remote yesterday, that was the last straw. I decided to get revenge, but Warren started yelling and saying bad words and threatened to "bust a cap in someone's @$$, and by someone I mean you". Aunt Celia got mad at us and made me apologize, so I'm writing this letter.

Warren, I'm sorry for taking your manga poster, giving your best friend a marker mustache, and eating the last strawberry off of your cake. The poster had almost naked people on it (ick), your best friend is kind of scary when he's angry (he tried to cut someone with his scissors and that's really bad), and that strawberry tasted like dark chocolate, which is nasty because it's bitter. I won't do it again, I've been disrespectful, blah blah blah.

Mom, can I leave now?

Sarah

Check out this other writing thread here. ElliaOtaku's thread could help spark some inspiration.

And speaking of sparks, here's the next prompt.
    300 words, and it's about a talking electron and all of his equally talkative and science-y friends. Write a scientific story about their daily lives, and make it funny! It's not really edutainment if it's boring.:lol:

#4 An Gentleman, Mar 20, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
  5. Abbra

My name is Elly, and I am an electron. An outcast. Nothing more than a distant planet traveling around a sullen sun. A sun that wants nothing to do with its child.
    My body zoomed around in the empty space, always consistent. Nothing changed. Nothing ever changed around here. I was nothing but the first element on the period table. No friends, nothing. The buzzing of the protons and neutrons could be heard far away, but that was all that I knew.
    On day, a miracle happened though. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw an electron just like me, zooming towards me. It only took one hit. His golden body dancing on the black backdrop. His eyes glistening and wild. Oh how I wanted him. The way he hit me was like dynamite. I had to have him. It took very little intervention for me to leap from my orbit and into the empty abyss.
    To my shock, there were more atoms peppering the space. Some of them had many electrons, some of them were singular just like me. But I wanted all of them. I soon forgot the initial electron and bounced around, trying to touch each and every one of them.
    Some electrons were wild, free, and quick. They were like the air. Some of them were slow moving and solid like a wall. There were some that were in the middle, but were fluid like and moved like a calm sea. I fell in love with all of them. And with my wonderful touch, they soon fell in love with me.
    That one electron started a revolution. Lonely electrons banished to live on the outskirts, away from their nucleaic overlords were now free. They were making love in the streets like wild jackrabbits. It didn’t take long for electrons to begin to pray on their former holders. They broke them apart and would make love to them as well. Everything was changing, atoms were no longer separate units. After eons of tyranny and separation, all parts have become equal. Thank you for setting me free electron overlord. Thank you.

… And that’s why we shouldn’t worry about nuclear blasts. Because if you don’t like nuclear blasts, then you are a segregationist. Don’t be a segregationist.

It's kind of dark, but not really.

Next prompt:
    250+ words

You are an extremely uptight business man who is taking his first day off in 35 years. Why are you taking the day off?

6. Sasha Braus

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    "I don't want to hear about your daughter's first birthday, Bernie! Just... go. I'll make sure those files are sorted and on Bateman's desk by the end of the week. Don't thank me, moron; you're definitely not off the hook."

With a heavy sigh, Richard returned to his cubicle and reclined on his stiff, mockingly warm office chair. The building was empty save for him and a couple of custodians mulling around the halls, the faint whistling comically inappropriate in the otherwise dreary scene. The only sources of light in the room were a flickering desk lamp and the blinding glare of his laptop screen, his eyes straining to read the fine type of the latest report. Leaning back in fatigue, Robert closed his eyes and took a deep breath.He suddenly pushed back from his desk and flung his briefcase across the room.

"WHAT AM I DOING?! Fuck Bernie! Fuck Bateman! And shut the fuck up, Bob! That's totally out of tune!" What was he doing? This wasn't the life he wanted for himself. What ever happened to his plans, his goals? Wasn't he going to save up and travel the world someday? He certainly hasn't spent much money in nearly 40 years, what with being single and all. With no family to care for and not much in the ways of a social life, Robert was actually quite well off.

Fired up, he hurriedly wrote a resignation later and was never seen again.

A child is abandoned by their alcoholic dad and is found and raised by a gang leader. Later, child and father reunite.