1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's your favourite scary....?

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by Radioactive Bi, Mar 24, 2014.

1. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Game, book and/or movie?

And can you recommend any good ones?

:slight_smile:

2. TheStudent

TheStudent Guest

An indie video game called "Euthanasia" is one of the few video games that actually scared me.

3. setnyx

game ~ shadow man. movie ~ sussperia, don't know why though. no books YET. lol

4. It depends on your taste....Authors of books: Stephen King,Edgar Allan Poe,Peter Straub,some George R.R. Martin,HP Lovecraft....

Movies(again it depends on your taste):Rosemary's Baby,Village of The Damned,Night of The Living Dead,Apt Pupil(more of a psychological thriller),Christine(the theme is interesting from a psychological viewpoint,although some people do not enjoy the movie all that much),Joshua(Psychological thriller/horror/drama)...

Games:no clue hahaha

(PS do not feel the need to subject yourself to any of my suggestions)

---------- Post added 28th Mar 2014 at 08:31 AM ----------

I have taken a bit of a break from Horror though...I prefer my heavy dramas now.

---------- Post added 28th Mar 2014 at 08:36 AM ----------

Hannibal Rising(movie)... If you are a sensitive viewer ignore Hannibal Rising,Apt Pupil and Rosemary's Baby.

---------- Post added 28th Mar 2014 at 08:38 AM ----------

Bram Stoker's Dracula (Francis Ford Coppola is the director).Thats enough suggestion on my side of things.

5. I hope I am not viewed as the ''bad guy''...Feel free to reject most,if not all of my suggestions.Horror gets a bit much too handle after awhile and medication does tend to numb a person.These days I get too emotionally involved. I even struggle with heavy dramas....

6. Cubiculum

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Game: One Late Night, an indie game that doesn't take place in a forest or abandoned mine or haunted house, but in an ordinary office.

Movie: The Strangers, some people diss the acting and decisions the characters made but the set-up is scarily realistic.

Book: I don't read.

7. CharlsOn

CharlsOn Guest

I nearly died at the movie "Ruins".

8. biggayguy

It wasn't very gory but the movie 1408 kept me up a few nights. We've Only Just Begun by Karen Carpenter now gives me the creeps whenever I hear it.

9. Wolf123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Totally agree with 1408. That was an awesome ending! I haven't read any scary books....and or played any freaky games....I can say that new batman game on ps3 is freaky because of the joker.

10. I love the Halloween movies! I even have a Michael Myers tattoo, I love them so much. I also love Psycho(1960). The remake was just terrible.

11. Tetra

L4D or L4D2 in the pitch black

12. katwat

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa - the worlds you are missing out on! Pick up some books!

-------------------------------------

Fave Games: LOVE FF7 & 10, other FF games usually work but not always, still like Tomb Raider and Resident Evil, was loving Dragon Age but the Xbox is not easy for me to get to use so have not really gotten deeply involved.

Movies: I like some pretty odd ones. I really love anything with Katharine Hepburn, Fred Astaire, or James Stewart. I have been looking for a movie since I was a kid (and told by EVERYONE that it did not exist) and finally figured out what it was and it is still awesomely odd and funny - Robin And The Seven Thieves with Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Sammy Davis Jr., Bing Crosby, (cant even remember all the other excellent actors in this) - Love Hitchcock movies - anything with Bruce Campbell is awesome (usually craptastically so), found a strange but funny movie called Lesbian Vampire Killers which is just stupidly good - Goonies still is completely perfect - could go on and on

TV Shows: Star Trek (all of them), Doctor Who (just got from 63 to current and am working my way through them all), Babylon 5, Farscape, Firefly, Buffy, Angel, Dark Angel, Witchblade, Millenium, Hercules, Xena, Young Hercules, Jack Of All Trades, Cleopatra 2525, Life, Torchwood....

BOOKS: Piers Anthony Xanth, Bio of a Space Tyrant, Adept, Incarntations Of Immortality, and Geodyssey series; Terry Brooks Shannara series; Dragonlance series; Brian Jacques Redwall series; Alan Dean Foster - just about everything he has ever written; Dean Koontz Odd Thomas series; the first six or so books of the Anita Blake series by Laurell K. Hamilton and most of her Merry Gentry series; Charlaine Harris - about all of her books too; Kim Harrison - everything I have ever read of hers; The Life Of Pi by Yann Martel; The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton; The House of Stairs by William Sleator; The Butterfly Revolution by William Butler; Reza Aslan's Zealot: The Life and Times Of Jesus of Nazareth; Elfquest (graphic novels) and Elfquest Blood Of Ten Chiefs series; Green Darkness by Anya Seton; Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen; Stieg Larsson's Millennium Trilogy (Girl With The Dragon Tattoo); Jim Butcher's Dresden Files and Codex Alera series;........I could go on forever so stopping now lol

13. tscott

Books - The House Next Door by Anne River Siddons
    Ghost Story by Peter Staub
    The Haunting by Steven King

14. katwat

and I like a dumby missed the whole "scary" part of your question

BOOKS:
    Into The Out Of by Alan Dean Foster
    It by Stephen King (movie, other than Tim Curry, kinda sucks but the book rocks)
    Gerald's Game by Stephen King
    House Of Stairs by William Sleator

MOVIES:
    Rear Window - Hitchcock film w/James Stewart
    (original) Amytiville Horror (1979)

disturbing movies:
    The Lovely Bones - w/Mark Wahlberg (I had to shut this off as the creepy perv trapping the pretty little blond girl hit too close to home when I have a pretty little blond girl)

can't think anymore tonight - thinker is all tired out LOL

15. IsThisAName

I can't get enough of scary movies. It feels like they made SO many back in 2004-2007, but now chick flicks and stupid comedies have become the new thing that is "in." Psycho will always be my favorite classic, but the Saw movies are my favorite recent movies.

Also, I thought the Hills Have Eyes remake was pretty great and completely nightmare-worthy. That rendition of the Star-Spangled Banner still gives me the creeps. (I saw this for the first time on a date when I was 13. How age appropriate.)

16. 101DeadRoses

Game: I have to agree with this one, though I think Left 4 Dead 1 has a better atmosphere and characters, and sometimes, when you are playing in the dark, the flashing lights from the guns can give you a headache.

Movie/Book: The Woman in Black is super creepy.

Book: Into the out of by Alan Dean Foster is a bit cheesy at times, but I enjoyed the over-all vibe.
    :badgrin:

17. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Halloween for the win.

18. An0n

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Game? Resident Evil, though the ex always talks about Rule of Rose so I'll suggest that too as it sounds really good! (You'd have to get a EU import as I've never seen it in the UK though.)

Book? The Exorcist by William Blatty - surpasses the movie. Also love Stephen King's older works I.e. Carrie, Cujo.. Yet to read The Shining though. It's sitting in my bookcase beckoning but I'm trying to read books I expect to give to the charity shop first.
    I'm also a big fan of Shaun Hutson. I suggest you start with Renegades or Slugs, just to get an idea of his style. Great pacing, explicit, gory.. Just entertaining and gripping from start to finish. (He's an English writer if that adds any appeal.)

Movies? An American Werewolf in London (Rick Baker is a God!), John Carpenter's The Thing, Steven Spielberg's Jaws, Ridley Scott's Alien, Wes Craven's A Nightmare on Elm Street, John Carpenter's Prince of Darkness was eerie, Splinter was gory fun, as was the remake of Evil Dead.
    I also love asian horror. Ringu (Japanese) is a classic! Shutter (Thai) was good. Killer Toon was really fun, as was
    Ghost/Dead Friend, Cello, Cinderella... Plenty of great Korean horror films, though their thrillers are awesome too!

---------- Post added 7th Apr 2014 at 01:23 AM ----------

Aspie, don't be daft! Apt Pupil is underrated. (^_~)

Neon, don't mention the remake, it's so bad it's offensive! How dare someone do that to a Hitchcock classic!

Katwat, I love Rear Window! Grace Kelly, stunning woman. I enjoyed Disturbia which is a modern day version with a slight spin on it. Good movie! And Katherine Hepburn is fantastic! Bringing Up Baby is a favourite, as it The Philadelphia Story. She too was stunning and so talented, just a shame Spencer Tracy could never give her a happy relationship like she deserved.

Halloween may be great kiddies, but Mrs Voorhees was frickin' scary too! "Kill her mommy!" Crazy b*tch!

19. An0n

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Because of IsThisAName's comment re. The Star Spangled Banner I was listening to Josh Groban's rendition in my head and remembered Poltergeist. Excellent movie, but it's the old boy in the sequel that really creeped me out. He gave me the heebie jeebies!