1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stand Up Material

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by Monika the Diva, May 1, 2014.

1. Monika the Diva

On thia topic I will be writing anecdotes. I plan on doing these as Monika at an optic Mic night.

1. Hi everyone, sorry I am not Eddie Izzard but luckily for you if I suck you didnt have to pay a cover charge.

2.A couple weeks ago I went to a gay bar. I was enjoying myself watching a drag when suddenly a drunk girl approaches me ans starts to dance with me. I couldn't hear what she was mumbling. So I played along then she started to dry hump me I was like okay....then suddenly I got a hard on and she felt it and I made her cry because I wasnt a real girl. But its really my fault I suck at tucking.

2. Best of Both

Best of Both Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
  3. Monika the Diva

3. I have a really big family, which means i have a lot of younger cousins. When my cousin patrick was 14 he was doing magic. He was amazing i was really impressed. I was happy that family in the new generation were doing cool stuff. When i was a teenager all i did was masturbate and play Megaman.

4. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lol wtf Monika you got me worried about October...

Girl you cray.

5. Monika the Diva

I just want to try my hand at comedy. Im told that I'm funny so I want to prove to myself that I am. But its more like a hobby than a career. You know like playing video games is a hobby but if you really love it you can make it a career.

6. Monika the Diva

4. I walked into the bowling alley, i am a bowler but because I've been in school working my ass off i haven't gone in like three weeks. I get to the alley i put on my clown shoes and i begin to open up my bowling bag. I pulled out my bowling ball and it's all greasy i suddenly yelled as it got really quiet for a moment I yelled as i got grossed out by my bowling ball "WHY ARE MY BALLS SWEATY!!!!" everyone around me stared a me.

7. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

Brutal assessment: keep working on these. Definite comic potential in some of these situations, but you got to know how to mine it, milk it and move on before your audience thinks about it too much. I'd say the real art of the stand up comic is not much different than a creator of suspense entertainment. Always keep that audience right on the edge of the joke before you deliver that punchline and they'll add in their own hilarity to the routine.

Also, as a wise man once said, add a monkey. :wink: