1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alien speculation thread

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by Wuggums47, Jun 11, 2014.

1. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

I'm not necessarily saying I'm sure aliens exist, but it seems like we can't rule it out if there are 8.8 billion planets in the milky way, and many more in other parts of the universe. Who's to say only one planet could have developed life?

But what gets me is that on TV the aliens are almost always bipedal creatures the same size as humans, that bleed when you shoot them. They usually are just proportioned a bit differently and with a different skin tone. People assume aliens will have organs and speech, and have the same senses as we do. I think a more accurate idea of what they might look like is provided from Hitchiker's guide to the galaxy, where one type of alien is just a super-intelligent shade of the color blue. Would we even recognize an alien as a life from if we saw it? What if they don't move, could we still tell?

But what I think is the funniest idea is that aliens are socially similar to us, but with a few differences. Aliens come demanding things that make sense to us as something worth traveling light years for. Things like our water, our air, our planet, or our friendship/alliance. And in exchange they will give us either technology, or not kill us. Because of course they have the same sense of what's valuable as we do. I imagine that if aliens come to earth, and could speak to us, the demands and exchanges they make may sound something like this:

" Our people demand that the human race do the following three things.
    1. Stop the production of tassels, they offend our alien sensibilities because they look like our genitalia."
    2. Our people can hear radio waves. We insist that you stop broadcasting on all channels, because some of us our trying to sleep.
    3. Our people have been examining your media for some time before attempting to contact you. We saw A Christmas Story, and we have a deep appreciation for your peoples lamps that look like a human female leg. We need about 500 million of those, and throw in some rubber chickens, those things are hilarious"

If you fail to comply we will have no choice but to kill your teen pop idols, burn down your waffle houses and unleash a plague of cute furry animals over then land."

What's important to us will probably not be what's important to them, atleast in my opinion. What do you think the aliens will be like? What kind of demands will they make? What will they look like? Will you be able to identify them by the lack of a belly button?
    [YOUTUBE]9j_zxqxL0pg[/YOUTUBE]