1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats your online persona? ^.^

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by Yosia, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Yosia

I find quite a lot of people who spend a lot of time online and people who roleplay have online personas different to real life.

Mine is a cute, young looking girl who is quite 'cold' due to her shyness. Has cyan waist length hair and is quite short and always wears thighhighs and skirts. I even have a picture someone drew but i dont know where it is lol.
    I know its not a good one but yeh XD

2. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

Well online I don't know, Well I am confident but not a self centered prick as I have been called on many different occasions, I think I'm a happy guy in person I like to make others laugh, but I guess I do try to receive approval from everyone around me. Also I think I don't take criticism very well, I don't like to be talked down to. but I think I'm even more energetic and outgoing in person. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

3. Greeley

I'm a lot kinder online than i am in real life haha. I'm quite an arsehole IRL.
    But i am a lot funnier in real life too.

4. Candace

I'm a lot friendlier online, along with being more helpful and wanting to listen to peoples' needs. Also, I seem chattier online too.

5. Fizz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I guess mines
    A LIFE WITHOUT RISKS IS A LIFE WITHOUT LIVING

6. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm myself on forums but on role play games I'm the tough female warrior and supers strong mage , I also make jokes and act silly at times but when fighting and doing quest I'm always serious . I'm also a fashionista in one of my rpg games and come up with style trends , I also wear lots of dresses and mini skirts and fancy bunny ears and stuff I'm quite popular with most of the guys and get asked for male players to marry them all the time people get a kick out of me telling them I'm gay and the guy getting mad and swearing .

#6 stocking, Jul 14, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
  7. Silas

I think I come across more outgoing/friendly online and I open up more whereas in real life I just keep to myself mostly :/ Also I'm waaaay more awkward in real life!

8. Wild Poodle

Am I the only one who's actually more outgoing and friendly in real life? This is.. weird.. o_o

9. Brodie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would say I'm pretty much exactly the same sarcastic, 22 year old on the net or irl, it's just here I got to meet other gay people and that helped me feel a little more understood and connected when I wasn't feeling great last week.

Genuinely wanted to make friends, and to make real friends I think I needa be open and honest I guess

10. Squib

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm pretty much the same online than in real life really. In fact I think maybe more comfortable online. I act more like I do when I'm with my friends when I'm online rather than how awkward I am when meeting new people in real life :slight_smile:

11. Kat 5

Online:
    Not very sarcastic.
    Female (well, no shit).
    Does not curse every other word in a sentence.

IRL:
    Caustic.
    Usually comes off as not very manly. But male, nonetheless.
    Curses like a rapping sailor.

Similarities:
    Corrects people at all times. Be it inappropriate or appropriate.
    Hater of ignorance.
    Almost a grammar Nazi.
    Super focused on unnecessary things.

12. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm more cheerful and talkative online. In real life, I rarely talk to anyone and appear antisocial.

I'm probably a much cooler person online than I am in real life, lol.

Edit: Oh, I forgot something. I'm also a lot more feminine online than I am in real life. In games where you create avatars to represent yourself, I usually wear skirts or dresses and maybe something like kitty ears. And a lot of pink. In real life, I wear very boyish clothes, and mostly dark colors, which go well with my antisocial-ness...

#12 YuriBunny, Jul 14, 2014
  13. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ditto. I act nice on here because I'll get banned if I don't. On the other two forums that I use, I'm blunt and kind of rude - which reflects my personality in real life. I'm nice as well, but if someone says something I disagree with in real life, or says something that annoys me, I won't restrain myself from tearing into them, even if it upsets them. On here, I have to watch what I say a little more.

I'm outgoing in real life, and sociable - considerably more so than I am online. In real life, I am always talking, but on here, I usually make a few comments and then leave it, or I don't post at all.

#13 imnotreallysure, Jul 14, 2014
  14. Yosia

Yay im not alone ^.^

15. MycroftTARDIS

Online I'm a guy to everyone and no one thinks its weird that I use a male name and male pronouns because they can't see me and my feminine body. Other than that I'm kinda the same as in real life, except less hyper and insane.

16. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    High five! ^.^

17. idream

idream Guest

Online, I'm more of an extrovert. I'm considered cold in reality. Online, I like to think that I'm more a boy.

18. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

I'm a lot more outgoing online. I can be really shy in real life but I'm forcing myself to get over that. Life is too short to waste on being quiet!

19. Budweiser

I'm [meaner, honest, blunt, lazy] online than in RL because behind a keyboard I can think of a rebuttle if my mouth gets me in trouble. As oppose to losing the moment to strike back, no matter how intelligent or right you are, if you lose that moment your words get no respect. Online, I can reply 24 hours later and it still counts!

I've also created male characters that I used to express real parts of me. Not that those are accessible atm....

20. Emulator

I have a few personas online. The one I tend to gravitate more towards here on EC (actually, nearly everywhere) would be a quiet, lone self. I suppose it comes off as mysterious or mystical to others. In person, however, I am anything from hyper to cool and composed, more often the latter. If you ever get to see me hyper in real life, that means I'm comfortable being around you.