1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[A Warning] Naming your Fish [For EC]

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by InaRut, Aug 31, 2008.

1. InaRut

Well guys,
    Yesterday I finally got that fish I was complaining about. What is it? It's a dark blue Beta. I know I said I wasn't going to buy a Beta but the salesperson at the pet store said it's my best option for res life. And I know I said I was going to buy a female beta but apparently they are not as nice looking as the males.

So now I have a Male Beta. However, my nightmare truly begins, as the salesperson gave me no warning as how the name of a fish...can change a fish.

When I was first naming the Fish, I thought about placing him beside my Beatrix Kiddo (The Bride) action figure. And since they are known as the Samuri fish I was going to call him "Bill" Ref; Kill Bill. But I decided Bill the Beta was kinda stupid.

So scratch that.

Next I was going to name him Clint. After my hero Clint Eastwood. But mom said "Clint" sounded to close to a certain part of a female reproductive organ--and therefore sounded vulgar sometimes.

Then I was going to name him Blondie. After one of Clint's famous characters. But he's dark. So why would a dark fish be called Blondie...

So then I decided to call him Dirty Harry. And at that time the name seemed to fit quite fine.

Well today I was in the EC chatroom, typing away on my laptop when all of a sudden the cat jumps up on my lap..purring and being all cute. And I'm like "Aww she doesn't want to see me go." Well she's there for a while until finally she notices my fish swimming in a fish bowl on my window. So my cat who was like, "*Purr* Don't go Phil." now decided that "Oh Fish" was much more important...

Then the cat looks at my fish. And after a while of swimming around innocently my fish looks at my cat. In a scene that's kinda like this:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2l4IKz3m7c[/YOUTUBE]

Xept with a cat and a fish...and ignore the Clint Eastwood.

So the cat and fish are eye to eye. And then all of a sudden my fish is like this
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3KxAV5SQyw&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
    And my cat is like O_O. And she turns around and walks out of my room.

And I'm like O_O. And I'm sitting in my desk chair thinking, "What the hell just happened?"
    I coulda sworn this was going to end with the cat being yelled at by me for attacking my fish. But I guess my fish can defend itself. Who knew that by naming my fish Dirty Harry...the fish would gain that personality?

So now I went from having a innocent little beta. To a rough and tough street cop who doesn't play by the rules. And it's a little scary...because what happens if I forget to feed my fish?

Perhaps I should consider changing his name to Butters, or Sugar Muffins.

...and as I type that my fish starts to look at me...I think he stays Dirty Harry.

#1 InaRut, Aug 31, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2008
  2. xxAngelOnFirexx

lol! i have betas and they have nasty tempers! its really cute though. i have two in one tank with a clear divider so they don't kill each other but they still get all pissed out at each other and its fun to watch. and when you feed them they seem to eat vicously like somebody is going to take their food. i can beleive your fish woudl do that.

3. InaRut

What are their names?

Actually having a bad ass fish wouldn't be that bad. For example.

"Well I could study or I could go on EC, play video games, or go outside and party."
    "Xcuse me punk?"
    "Oh hi Dirty Harry."
    "I think you best be studying."
    "Well I will..just after I..."
    *Evil glare from fish*
    "OKAY OKAY! I'll study. Look...I'm studying now. Please don't hurt me!"
    "You probobly should feed me too."
    "Anything you say sir!"

#3 InaRut, Aug 31, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2008
  4. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Phil, your Mom sounds just as funny as you are! :roflmao:

5. xxAngelOnFirexx

their names are Angel, Flame, and i forgot the otehr ones but i think it is Cujo. well it is now. lol

6. rosiejuly3

oh I had 2 betas once. We had them in seperate tanks and one ended up jumping into the others tank and then tried to kill each other.. So then we moved one into our big fishtank with some goldfish and the goldfish ate my fish :icon_sad:

The one who was eaten was Rainbow and the other one was Boss. My bro made up the names.. Good luck with ur fish though :slight_smile:

7. InaRut

Well Dirty harry is by himself :slight_smile:
    So I hope he is okay

8. Shebbs

^_^ I had a beta, name Fish. :slight_smile: I'm so original. Lol. I used to pat him. o_o And he loved it. o_o Lol.

Oh oh, funny story about Fish. :slight_smile:

I woke up one morning, and he was GONE. O_O
    I was like, "OMG, Where'd he go!!!???"
    And I went and opened the filter (dont know why) and guess what.. there he was. o_o It was soooooooooo weird! Lol.

9. InaRut

You see. Shebbs named her Beta FISH. And it didn't bite off her finger when she tried to pet it.

If I try to pet Dirty Harry I wonder what would happen to me.

*stares at his fish*

10. Master Hade

Master Hade Guest

I have had two fish that have commited suicide!

11. Shebbs

Phil... I would not recommend petting YOUR fish. Lol.