1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What would your reactions be if....

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by Yosia, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Yosia

You were told you have 10 minutes to live?

You were told youwere immortal?

You were told you were the chosen one to defeat a god-like being?

Your most favorite thing ever just vanished from existence and you were the only one to know so you couldnt talk with others about it still?

2. Ryujin

Oh Shit!

Oh Shit!

Oh Shit!

Oh Shit!

3. PICollins91

1. Puts on Yakety Sax and runs around in the field across the street for ten minutes until dead.

2. BWA! HA! HA! HA! HA! I will be the supreme ruler of the universe!!!! BWA! HA! HA! First lets gets some tacos.

3. Just need a bazooka.

4. Gonna miss you, David Lynch. :tears:

4. Acm

Acm Guest

1. I would freak out and go buy a ton of dessert at the store and just stuff my face for 10 minutes. I'm allergic to most desserts so I might as well try them now if I'm going to die

2. I probably wouldn't like that very much. It sounds cool at first but I don't really want to live forever :tears:

3. That would be scary, I don't think I'm up to the challenge. If I have to fight a god I at least want to have a superpower first

4. I would try to see if I could recreate it myself I guess, I would be sad without it

5. Leonardo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    1. Okay
    2. Crap
    3. I'm... Harry Potter?
    4. ARGH NO :tantrum:

6. thekillingmoon

Oh well, goodbye cruel world. Probably would sit down and reflect on my life, maybe have an ice cream while I do that.

You were told you were immortal?
    That sucks. I don't want to live that long.

Hide in the closet (no pun intended).

Your most favorite thing ever just vanished from existence and you were the only one to know so you couldnt talk with others about it still?
    What, the internet? I'd become a writer and write fiction books about it. Would be the most original idea ever since no one would know about it.

7. HeatherFields

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    1. 10min: Quickly call my girl crush and tell her I care about her so much, but I'm dying
    8min: Call my great friend and tell her to not commit suicide when I'm gone
    6min: call my sister and tell her I love her
    4min: call my mom and tell her to let my whole family know I love them
    2min: message my gf and tell her I love her
    1min: message my guy crush and tell him that I have liked him for 5 years and I wasn't planning on stopping, but that he probably wouldn't see me for a while
    30sec: call my dad and ask him to tell my stepsister that she's important to me
    2sec: "dad I love you"

2. "Oh dammit, why couldn't I get the " you cannot feel physucal pain"??

3. *tells everyone I love them and that I'm gay and commits suicide out of fear*

4. Ehm.... I would probably not have existed either...? (Hint, my favourite thing is my family)

8. NDark

I'd write out how I want my story to end and send it to my friend. Then I tell him, "You are the chosen one. You must finish my – " but then I'd die because I probably procrastinated too long.

You were told youwere immortal?
    I sharpen my canine teeth and go around biting people, saying, "I'm a vampire! Screw you, Edward Cullen!" I'll get all the ladies that way. Ladies love vampires.

Alright, I defeated Primal Dialga once before in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon. This should be a snap! *starts throwing seeds at him and yelling, "Zap!" multiple times*

How am I supposed to reply to that if my iPad is gone – oh, wait...

9. That one guy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    'Who wants to live forever?' On loop for ten minutes

Awesome, now I can see what it's like to be hit by a car

Bollocks

NO MTG, WHAT AM I TO WASTE MY MONEY ON NOW

10. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I'm not exactly sure. I don't think 10 minutes is enough to, truly, reflect on what I have done until this point, and to lay down any kind of plans for those left behind. Even though I have somewhat of a journal, that has some of my ideas, beliefs, and agendas, it isn't as thorough as it should be.

Ideally, I would probably record a short message, with the basis of it being, don't give up - find a way.

I do have to admit, though, if I only had 10 minutes. I might just go out in a blaze of glory, because, I'm going to die anyway, right? It might be fun to attempt a revolution, and maybe get one started.

Considering this is something I actually think about often, I would be ecstatic. However, I'd want to know, if there was an escape clause. I've seen too many Twilight Zone episodes, and this always tends to end badly, unless they can void their immortality.

I assume I can still feel pain, and be hurt. So, I'd live as I do now, only I'd probably purchase a very large building. Erect a giant library, with a museum of sorts, and begin to accumulate knowledge and attract intelligence. I'd want to be surrounded with the Ways and Whys of History, basically.

You were told you were the chosen one, to defeat a god-like being?
    I'd tell them, they had to be kidding. While I know, my good looks and winning personality, are key to defeating great evil, it is not enough. LOL.

Seriously, I'd probably ask them for clarification. I'd want to know why me, and not anybody else. If their reasoning was solid enough, I'd probably believe them. However, I'd want to know more about this god-like being.

Your most favorite thing ever just vanished from existence, and you were the only one to know, so you couldn't talk with others about it still?
    I feel bad for people who sex is their favorite thing. I mean, does it stop existing for everybody? How do they not notice something like that?

Okay, okay. I suppose I should answer the question...

Well, idealism is probably my favorite thing, because it influences a great deal of things. My staying active, my meditation, my coping mechanism, and so on and so forth. If that were to just vanish, I'd probably do this:

[​IMG]

11. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    1. "I've got a bone to toss is anybody good to go? Ten minutes people!"
    2. "Oh man this is gonna be great until I'm bored... Better start building a list of things to become amazing at."
    3. "I knew those constant fantasies of power and omnipotence when I was a kid made sense."
    4. "Ok so this is what a pizza is like follow me now..."

12. Queer NOS

Firstly, I would send a quick Facebook message to my mother (as this is the only way that we communicate, being that we currently live over a thousand miles apart) stating that I love her and that I hope she keeps enough faith in life to carry on for the sake of the rest of our family. Secondly, I'd write a note to my loved ones, explaining that my death was not the fault of anyone or anything that they had control over, that they treated me as well as they could (as, given some of my mental health issues, my sudden death would likely be presumed a suicide unless it were explicitly proven to be something else), and that I wish them all the best.

I would probably not believe the source of this information (though it's funny how it didn't initially occur to me to question the news of my imminent demise). If said source had a way of proving, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that I was, in fact, immortal, then I would first set upon learning why and how I am immortal, if there are others like me, if my immortality comes with a "mission," and if said immortality could be passed unto others. On the side of all that, I would draft up some sort of plan that would allow me to finish my current major, make a living, raise enough money and/or scholarships to major in something else, and repeat until I have absorbed all from formalized education that I possibly can. I would continue learning for the rest of my existence, mind you, but having the degrees grants one certain credibilities and privileges in certain fields. Being that I would live to experience several decades, I would write a series of anthologies updated every fifty years or so detailing how culture and society has changed and evolved from the late 1990's to whenever each anthology is published. I would do whatever it is that I could to make the world the best that it could possibly be.

Is this in conjunction to or separate from the immortality clause? If I were still immortal, then I could easily understand why I would be chosen for such a task; being pacifistic in nature, however, I would, in either situation, ask the source of such information if I could instead attempt to reason with said being or get this said being in our good graces. If the being absolutely *had* to be destroyed (or if the being was suicidal and suffering but with no means to attain death other than whatever powers have been bestowed upon me to kill said being), then I would do my best to make the death of this being as swift and as painless as possible.

Then again, the "god-like being" could be metaphorical for something like society's corruption, human hatred, ignorance, or whathaveyou. In this case, I would use my writing, social networking, and artistic skills to reach society that way. I would also become even more of an advocate than I already am if I knew that it was my "destiny."

I am not sure that I know what my "most favorite thing ever" is. There are many things which I appreciate deeply and without which my life would be much emptier. If this thing is literature and the written/spoken word, then I suppose that society would simply have to adapt to using nonverbal and pictorial communication; if this thing is music, then I would attempt to recreate it, and, if I were not successful in this endevour, then, well, see the note about mental health concerns in Question 1; if this thing is imagination, then I can not imagine [pun intended] how I would be able to react, as much of human conscious, communication, and cognition relies on imagination of some sort.

13. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I probably wouldn't believe it. If I was convinced, I'd most likely freak out for those 10 minutes....

In the beginning I would think it was really cool, but once it soaked in, I'd be like I don't want to live forever :frowning2:

Me? Me? I'd be in denial :lol:

Silently reminisce and mope over it :frowning2:

14. Midknight96

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    1. Damnit! I still need to beat *game I'm currently playing*

2. Hell yeah! Just try and stop me, foolish mortals!

3. Fucking A! Just tell me where it is and what my weapon to kill the bastard with is.

4. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!