1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Island -the film

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by tomfromeds, Sep 14, 2008.

1. tomfromeds

O.k so has anyone else seen that film? Because I saw it ages ago and I absolutely loved it but then I was talking to some friends and they didn't like it at all![YOUTUBE]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=iyhyPBDsqbw&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

2. ltb2511

I really must see that film cause it looks awesome! :grin:

3. Fiorino

Yeah I saw it like a year ago. I liked it, it's kind of creepy
    and futuristic, like 1984-esque. Makes you think.

4. Lol! I had no idea what movie you were talking about......even though I have the dvd sitting beside me right now.

I loved The Island, it was great.
    I'll probably watch it again soon. =D

5. tomfromeds

YAY I'm not alone and crazy in my 'The Island' liking :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: But I don't have the DVD of it and can't be bothered to buy it. lol

6. JWAD

JWAD Guest

I seen that film and I loved it! lol

7. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It was the last film I watched on VHS.

8. sexyalex

imma go rent the DvD tomorrow lol

9. Seanboy23

I love that movie! When I finally watched it at home, I was surprised to hear how poorly it did at the box office. It was very well done, and has great action sequences. It also gives the viewer some definite moral/ethical questions to ponder.

I think it's one of those cool movies that you can watch as pure cinematic fluff, or watch it in a totally different light and really get into the social and ethical dimensions underlying the surface.

10. tomfromeds

OK, so after all this talk about the film, guess my surprise when I saw it was only TV last night?!? So me and my mum sat down and watched it and ... it's nothing like I remember, i mean, it's really not very good. In fact my mum said 'i think that's the worst film I've ever seen and i would walk out of a cinema if I was watching it in one!' and i have to say... i kinda agree. Although the story as a concept is a good idea, and the acting is average, the actual make-up of the film is bad. Quite how they managed to fit in so many cliché's stuffed into that film defies me. And how do they try to make up for this? BIG special effects and blow up lots of things. I mean I'm all for big action scenes, but this just took the piss, i mean how many things can you blow up before there is nothing left? Well, it's just about what they did! And... if you think about it, these 2 people who know nothing about the real world would not have knowledge of so many of the things they suddenly know about. How the hell the casting director got Scarlet Johanson and Ewan McGregor to act in it is beyond me. Maybe it's one of those films which is amazing the 1st time you see it, but amazingly bad subsequent viewings.

11. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ehh...it was interesting to start with, but it was so ridiculously over the top and fake that it didn't hold my attention very well.