1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

101 Questions I'm Sick Of Answering

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by Gen, Oct 14, 2014.

1. Gen

Gen

This is a fairly popular concept from other forums and social media tags. Basically, you post a question from a recent conversation that you can't stand hearing or addressing anymore. It can be orientation-related, personal, random, anything goes. You can explain why specifically, or you can just leave a gif if it is fairly straightforward. For Example:

From an hour ago,

Random Person: "So, what are your hobbies? What do you do for fun?"

Me: "Well, I usually keep a fairly busy schedule, but I love to read and write. I'm actually working on something that soaks up a lot of my free time, but I'm really passionate about it!

Random Person: "Oh that's nice... But like, what do you do for fun?"

[​IMG]

2. Steam Mecha

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Random Person: So what collage are you going too?

Me: I'm not to sure what my plans are yet.

Random Person: Oh... Well your fucked if you don't go.

3. LD579

"So, Gen, how come you're so perfect?"

Here's a fun one. "Oh my gosh, you have an identical twin? Do you guys look alike?" :astonished:

4. K Dot

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Not gonna lie, I laughed pretty hard at this.

5. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

"Would you like a hot apple pie today?"​

No, McDonald's. I do not want a hot apple pie. I want an actual person -- not a recorded message -- behind the speaker.

6. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

Let me start with my most hated: "so what's up?"

i literally do not know how to answer this question seriously. I know a conversation has to start somewhere but, this gives me next to nothing to work with if i'm not doing something interesting at the moment, which tends to be alot of the time for me. I'd much prefer someone to come up to me and just start talking about themselves or something ;_;

7. tulipinacup

Random Person:"Why are you so quiet?"

Me: There are many kinds of quiet, but being quiet doesn’t necessarily mean that a person is shy or struggles to communicate effectively. Unfortunately, the two words still have a close relationship in many people’s eyes.

Being quiet could mean any of the following:

I’m listening

Many quiet people are very good listeners and prefer to focus on the person who is speaking, rather than trying to join in the conversation by talking over them or forcing their opinions on others.

I’m showing consideration

Not everyone will naturally shove themselves forward to reach the front of the queue before anyone else. The same applies to conversation. Someone may be quiet because they are polite and want to make sure you have finished speaking before they take their turn.

I’m contemplating

They say still waters run deep. Well just because someone doesn’t give a detailed verbal response doesn’t mean they aren’t giving your idea or comment a lot of thought before they answer. They might even prefer to go away and think about something in-depth so they can give the best reply.

I’m softly spoken

Just because someone has a soft voice doesn’t mean they aren’t eager to chat or be noticed.

I’m preparing

If you’re not prepared for a meeting or a particular chat, you could end up saying the wrong thing, perhaps even something you’ll regret. But we don’t always have the opportunity to prepare fully, we might only have chance to run through ideas in our head while someone else is speaking.

I’m showing restraint

There are some people are happy to say anything that comes into their head, regardless of how it may affect those around them. Others prefer to filter. They might listen to you ramble on about your relationship troubles for hours, but they know you’ll be upset by an honest opinion so they choose to hold back.

I’m stoic

Some people are just naturally reticent and don’t feel the need to talk for the sake of filling the silence. This might make them the epitome of cool, or it might make them a total dick who thinks they are above other people.

I’m a perfectionist

No one wants to look like a fool. That might mean staying silent until you have something to say that you really believe in or feel passionate about, so that people will remember you for your profound contribution to the conversation rather than the flippant remark about last night’s episode of Big Brother.

I’m exploring my imagination

Many creative people have vivid imaginations; they can create whole stories, concepts or worlds inside their head. Their silence isn’t a sign of ignorance or disinterest; they’re simply engaged in their own thoughts and may have turned inward and blocked out what is going on around them.

I’m tired

You might be the most verbose person in the world, but if you’ve had a long day and you’re tired, it can take a lot of effort to summon up the will to talk. Good conversation requires mental stimulation.

Of course, this list deals in generalisations, although the whole point of the post is to avoid them. The point I’m trying to make is that people can be quiet for a multitude of reasons, whether they struggle in social situations or they’re a natural communicator.

Just don’t judge a person harshly because they didn’t speak as much as you would like. We’re all different and inclined to thrive in different ways.

For more info you can go to:https://sites.google.com/site/welth...enefits-of-passive-behavior-and-communication

Also, don't forget to like, comment and subscribe.

8. Blossom85

"Are you okay?"

I get this one all the time especially when I am not well or going through some type of treatment. I like feeling cared for and like people are worried, but it gets annoying. When it is being said all the time.

9. Gen

Gen

Now that I think about it, I don't think there has ever been a time when I didn't hear someone ask that question directly after that topic comes up. You should just start telling them "not even slightly" and walk away.

And honestly, I don't know what to tell you. I was just born this perfect. ; )
    Don't even get me started. Actually, I'll raise you a "What have you done recently?". When has anyone ever responded with "How nice of you to ask because I just returned home from a great sea expedition!". Not to mention, there are always those people who will keep asking after you answer with "Nothing much" and stare suspiciously. Do they think I'm a secret government agent? I'm not mysterious. I'm actually boring. Leave me be...

10. Rosalynn

I would be telling a five-year-old about, say, my holidays, and they would look up with round eyes and enquire:

"Did you die?"

:help:

11. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

Yeah, I feel immediately cornered and pressured into an answer that takes the conversation in a boring/predictable direction whenever I'm asked that. Another one like that is "How Have you Been?" just because I feel it's pointless and kind of presumptuous to ask in public. Responding with "I've been suicidally depressed for the last week" never gets the convo off on the right foot for some reason so "Fine!~ how about you" seems to be the only right answer even if it's a complete lie. Anytime a convo starts this way for me it's usually a sign that it will go in circles for several minutes before ending without leading anywhere meaningful and thats why i dont go to family christmas anymore

12. tulipinacup

I already mastered answering this question and when people do, I return back the question and try to joke it around and go "Yeah, I'm ok Jason, Are you? Are you sure you're fine? Want a glass of water?"

13. Pie

Pie Guest

Actually, I hate useless/boring questions/remarks. Especially those about the weather ("Maybe it's going to rain?"). Who cares? It's so boring. If you don't have anything of interest to say, just shut up. No, I'm not very talkative. At all.

14. iiimee

Umm, the most annoying question for me is "Are you a lesbian?" Ha, ha! You wish I was you sick pervert. ._. Nothing against them but... I am not one.

15. RAdam

So Adam how's your love life?
    .... Dies inside

16. shinji

shinji Guest

*takes notes*

Mhm, yup, yes, totally! Okay then how do the two of you initiate a conversation? <(¬_¬<)
    That explains the "sneaky" text... (¬‿¬)

*thread* - Basically, having so much other stuff to worry about, haven't even thought about such stuff... (҂⌣̀_⌣́)

17. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

"Why don't you speak much?"

I want to answer: "I prefer to shut up instead saying all that bullshit you said all the time"

18. Linthras

Linthras Guest

^ this ^ x100!

---------- Post added 15th Oct 2014 at 06:03 PM ----------

I rarely get that question but I totally recognise the feeling.

19. Jenna0780

The woman in the office next to mine at work: "How is your horse?"

Me: "Still dying...?"

My horse has a tumor in her brain. That's not really something that she just gets better from, and it's a daily struggle for me to try and decide what is best for her. I do not need a reminder, and although I know she is only trying to be friendly and show concern, I am not naive enough to think that her condition will change or get better. My only thoughts are when to put her down.

20. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

"How did you figure out you were transgender?"

I know it's just curiosity, but I don't like explaining my life story all the time.