1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you even lift/squat? Brah

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by Burnedcloset, Nov 5, 2014.

1. Burnedcloset

How often do you go to the gym, if ever?

2. iiimee

What's a gym?

3. Burnedcloset

Pure evil

4. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I only go a couple times a week now and mainly do cardio. Back in the day I used to go 6 times a week for 2-3 hours each time. I would do a class (step aerobics or spin) then do my weights (alternate upper, lower, core) then do the eliptical for another hour. Looking back on it it was excessive but at that point in my life it was important to me to be able to walk onto a dance floor peel my shirt off and have everyone look. They were different times and I was a different person...

5. BlueAndWhite

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Running outside during the spring/summer/fall along with core work or biking. When it starts snowing, I'll swim, run inside, ride a stationary bike and do core work inside. However, on those amazing winter days, when the snow is only a few inches deep and not too cold, I'll run outside

6. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Brah! Finally - someone else is speakin' my language!
    I go to the gym like 4-6 times a week for lifting. I try to do cardio 2-3 times a week but during the fall/winter I mostly lift.

7. Burnedcloset

Same here, I go to the gym 6 (lifting) times a week. cardio 1 time a week on off days.

Edit: sometimes I don't make it 6 times a week so honestly 5-6

#7 Burnedcloset, Nov 5, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
  8. Ticklish Fish

rn 3 times a week to practice swimming cause i cant swim yet lol.

and im taking a break from weight lifting LOL. but when next semester starts i'll prob go do weights again and also 3 times a week.

9. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Never seen the inside of a gym, probably never will. I'm a self-confessed couch potato (you can tell just by looking at me :lol:slight_smile:

I got this wave of motivation to get active a few months ago. For about 3 or 4 days, I went for a brisk walk around the block each day. But then the motivation left, and I went back to my lazy lifestyle. :grin: I need to get my bike fixed, so that I can go riding my bike to get some exercise, but don't know how long that's going to last... That's IF my bike will even be able to handle my weight...

Haven't ridden my bike in over 10 years. Its rear wheel got slightly bent during storage, so have to get that straightened out again :eusa_doh: I've been putting it off because I don't currently have extra money to spend on getting it fixed

10. shinji

shinji Guest

I had a friend once, who started going to the gym and turned into this huge hunched boulder of muscles, looking like a bouncer at a nightclub.

So recently i decided to try this whole "gym" thing for myself but quickly came to the conclusion that i could achieve the same results (basic cardio and slight toning, not actual muscle building) at home, by doing pushups and situps. Also, taking long walks in the sea gardens, since... why not.

On a side note, have a friend who's into freerunning, so he showed me this thing that in English i guess translates to "dips exercise"? I don't know, basically you grab two poles and lower yourself as much as you can and then lift yourself up again. This thing is like, crazy impossible (to do it all the way down). And after you've done it, your arms are like so lightweight.

*thread* - As "Gypsycloset" already said, gyms are evil!