1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Write a sentence with ridiculously flowery language.

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by GlindaRose, Jun 9, 2015.

1. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In order to participate in this activity, one must put aside one's notions of simplicity, and create a statement in which he or she expresses what is normally defined as a simple concept in a manner which attempts to appear skilful, when in reality it is too wordy for any human being of average intelligence to comprehend.

In other words:

Write a sentence with ridiculously flowery language. See how ridiculous you can make it!

I'll start:

When one says that they see potential, they usually intend it as a compliment; however, they are under the illusion that this so-called pre-potent force will definitely turn into potency, when in reality, one cannot gauge whether the potential will change at all.

2. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If I were to consider it, I do believe that I would discover mine own stomach to be empty and yearning for nourishment, a suitable satiation would perhaps be a meal which takes the form of brown viscous gloop contained within a plastic cup; the delicacy which we affectionately refer to as a "snack pack".

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

#2 Batman, Jun 9, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
  3. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When one hears on repeat, the same criticism of the self of which they are already aware, and are told yet again that improvement would be desirable, it is easy to become riddled with ire that any such improvement seems impossible.

In other words: It's hard to keep receiving the same piece of negative feedback no matter what I do to try and change.

4. Gengars

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I can feel a void from within me. The deep abyss roars within the area beneath my bosum and above my torso. It demands the vitamins and minerals necessary to aquire a proper diet for the human body to carry out its necessary functions for the use of everyday life. I will then swiftly respond by ascended the gradual sloping plain upward in elevation in order to enter the threshold of the chamber of which my family keeps our supply of energy for the use of consumption. Also known as a "kitchen".

In other words, I'm hungry, so I will go upstairs to the kitchen.

5. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In my depths, I find it nigh on impossible to suppress all past and present urges toward the clarity and precision (not to mention the sheer brevity) with which my writing is typically associated, and to which I am habitually accustomed, and to inscribe upon the hitherto pristine frames of this thread (which is of course but one of many such enduring, wise, and honorable venues for human expression on this site); and yet somehow, in some way, my inner urges toward perverse obfuscation and my tendencies to run counter to the course that I know to be correct and proper leads me to mount a veritable campaign against my better nature, to subdue it, to wrestle it to the ground in utter defeat, and leave here, for all members who would gaze upon it and benefit not a whit by its presence, a shining example of the chaos that threatens on a daily basis to overrule my mind and make life a jumble of meaningless drivel.

In other words, it's not easy for me to post on this thread, but I'll do it anyway.

6. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^ That is brilliant.

When I hear the sweet vibration of the device which links one socially to other homosapiens, my thoughts are presented with optimistic wonderings of whether the instigator of the message is one particular person, but also with resigned notions that such a person is not as swift in her response as the general population. Nevertheless, with every word that is hers, I find myself warm with the act of absolving her guilt every single time, for one cannot be at fault for simply not having much time on one's hands.

In other words: Sometimes she takes forever to respond to messages but I always end up forgiving her.

7. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    It is indeed with fantasic trepidition that I embark on this pilgrimage of lingustic bastardization, which is in fact a brazen affront to the cornerstones of that which all my higher learned doctors did take such time, that was at its height arduous and tedious at best, and effort to enscribe to us, their pupils, that employment of and reiteration of ridiculous and verbose phrasing and vocabulary is the utmost pinnacle of admission of culpability in the fact that the author has not in fact put forth their better foot and fulfilled the requirements of their assigned position, in this case in the capacity of a student, and thusly resulted in utter failure.

In other words: This is hard because I was taught that big and repeatitive words mean you didn't do the readings, so you fail.

#7 CJliving, Jun 12, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
  8. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It is with an innermost drive that I present myself at an educational establishment for the purpose of being subject to a series of carefully designed tasks that will evaluate my suitability for the role of educating in music the youths of this world.

In other words: I'm at a job interview trying to become a music teacher.

9. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Having the personal experience of having been exposed to the impracticality and wonderous nature of the foreign media of this the mysterious Oriental archapelagos that I have found myself in the locality of, I can say with utter clarity and singleness of purpose that that which I have been informed of as 'oddity' is in fact not more than of an average nature however preceived through the centricity of, what is to these natives, foreign and mysterious.

In other words: 'ethnocentrism'

10. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    After much deliberation, I have come to the conclusion, regretfully concluded no less, that a slice of bread, the very staff of life, generously layered over with a copious amount of butter will, under the dual influences of awkwardness and gravity, fall inexorably and inevitably, yes even tragically, with that golden-buttered side down onto the floor.

11. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Gauge theory is a mathematical theory where the lagrangian is invariant under a continuous group of local transformations. It's applications are manifold but it is particularly germane to the Standard Model of particle physics, most notably applied in the calculations performed at the Large Hadron Collider in CERN. To a mathematician or particle physicist these calculations are inestimable contrivances for deconvolution of perviously obscured conundrums about the most elementary nature of the boundless cosmos.

12. The Wallflower

My crush remind me of all my favorite flowers; he's as pleasantly smelling as a rose, he's as carefree as a daisy, and as beautiful as a sunflower.

Oh, this isn't what you meant by flowery language?

...My bad.

13. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    [​IMG]