1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Story Prompts

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by Davey, Dec 27, 2008.

1. Davey

okay so if you like me you want to write a story but need a little help well I am hoping to start something here that will in fact help. I figured we could start a little game here of story prompts and maybe even the stories that come from them. I'll start with a serious one that our writers group gave me:

"Parting is all we know of heaven and all we need of hell." - Emily Dickinson

Write On!

2. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't remember where I found this, but it just has the feel of "famous first line of an equally famous novel". Not a serious one, but it'd be awesome for something funny.
    "And it was approximately at this moment that the man with the chihuahua began to jaywalk across 15th."

3. Greggers

Wow Davey. You dont know what you just did for me.

Seriously, haha, this is fate that i logged onto EC tonight and found this. Ive been struggling all week trying to write my story! Ive had a brick wall in my mind stopping anything from escaping it to make its way onto paper. I think though, this is just what i needed. The wall is down and the creative juice flows once more! I know have a great idea for my story. If you like ill post some of it when i feel its ready :slight_smile:

As for story starters, here is one ive been playing around with.

"Secrecy is an extinct way of being, only viewable before the invention of facebook"

I was writing a story about the fight of a highschool teenager to hide him/herself from the world in the age of social networking, ending in the secrets escaping. It WAS going really well, but i got stumped.

4. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Here's a quote I really like: "Even one tiny candle can lighten up the darkness"

5. Level N Human

We should make a short story topic out of these. The challenge should be a story within 1,000 - 2,000 words or something. :slight_smile:

6. Zachary825

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    wow, i was just looking at Emily Dickinson.
    That is disgusting!
    Dick In Son
    lol that is incest im sorry!
    sorry for off topic but hehehe tee

7. lame.