1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Real Life (Non-Fantasy) RP: Empty Closets High!

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by AngerAndAgony, Aug 26, 2015.

1. AngerAndAgony

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, all the RPs I see in here are all fantasy RPs, but I thought it was time for a real life RP. So here goes it! This is Empty Closets High School, taking place primarily in the halls. Empty Closets High School is a school known for its stand on being pro-LGBT, even if sometimes the students disagree (Meaning I'm giving you the power to play a villain here!). This is a real life RP, meaning no elves or fairies, etc. We're all human here. Feel free to scene with different people but if someone is trying to be included, try to make them feel included! Feel free to write romance, friendship, rivalries, enemies, etc. Just keep it PG13. Please write third person past tense to keep it more uniform, and no godmodding or power playing please!:smilewave A new day will start once the characters have left school for the day :slight_smile: I will try to keep it updated.

So to map out my character:

Neil Bryce DiGiovanni
    Senior
    Cis Male
    Bisexual homoromantic
    Selective mute with Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Short history and description: Neil lost his older brother and father at the age of seven to a heroin overdose and a suicide respectively. His mother has done well to raise and protect him but has recently passed away from lung cancer. She was the only person he could speak to, and now he is in the system, looking for parents to take him in that won't be angry at him for his inability to speak. He is 5 foot 9, with medium brown hair and piercing blue eyes. He smiles at people and likes when they are patient enough to let him rite a conversation with them in his navy blue notebook, which he writes in all CAPS. His notebook is running out of pages and he will soon have to try to find another. Neil is highly intelligent and got a 2300 on his SAT. He is, however, in special ed due to his condition. He's hoping someday he finds the right person and finds his voice again, which he primarily lost the day his father passed away, a month after his brother did.

So if someone else wants to start something or not that's cool. I'll set Neil up for a situation.

-------------------------------
    DAY 1.

Neil stood at his locker, sighing silently as he watched people pass by. He was gathering his things before he had to get to the special ed room for his first class, though it was currently about a half an hour before school started for the day. He hated that class. It was boring and he didn't belong. He knew how to tie his shoes and write his ABCs and do math. But he didn't fit in any of the other classes either, so he was stuck there in special ed. Sure, he got to go through at least a little bit of material that was advanced enough for him but it was clear that neither setting would truly benefit him. And so he stood at his locker, watching people pass by.

2. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh, this sounds fun!

OC
    Brent
    Sophomore
    Cis male
    Pansexual

Personality/Backstory
    Brent is very intelligent, though a bit arrogant sometimes. He isn't the type to go around talking to people, and is often seen as the smart weird kid. Brent likes being exact, he uses a big vocabulary, and doesn't have much patience for those that don't understand him. He has divorced parents, living with his dad most of the time, and is an only child. Has light brown hair and glasses.

(I'll start some actual role play when I get home from school)

3. Taly

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm in. Not sure how active I can be, but I will definitely be almost daily. :slight_smile:

Kora Verdoray Montana
    Male
    Gay
    Junior
    16 yo

Kora is more-often-than-not, a submissive person, in interpersonal connections and how he views himself in relationships. But he isn't afraid to voice his passions, ideas, and opinions when he needs to... Especially when he gets angry to solely make a statement. An only child, usually appearing very happy go lucky to all the other people in his life, but he tends to have more theoretical knowledge in how "people work" versus actual experience. Without having any relationship, or much of any big experiences outside of his studies, or his 'plans' - Kora is pushing himself to be an active, influential, and social person in his community.

Like me. :slight_smile:

Kora stared at himself in the bathroom; he couldn't believe that his friend let him borrow her make-up before next class. He liked the vibrant colors of make-up, and applied the silvery peach lipstick on his lips. His platinum blonde hair made the shiny lips brighten up even more.

He realized that his friend might want the lipstick back, as he searched for her in the halls - he couldn't find her. He then turned to Neil, someone he didn't really know - but a person he had 2 classes with, which included this next one.

"Oh - Um...." Kora obliviously walked right up into Neil's face, "Did you see a girl with brown hair and a ponytail? Patsy... here name is." His voice ran out in a coarse-like mutter do to not using it too often, along with how Kora always had a medium-tone voice, which can go from very high to very low in a heartbeat.

4. Hobbes

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Jamie
    Junior
    Male
    Gay

Dark brown hair, with blue eyes. Loves to read and because of that most people tend to ignore him. He likes to help people out, ever if in the long run it cause more trouble for him. He begins to stutter when nervous.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jamie heard the boy asking where Pasty was. He knew it was rude to bust into peoples conversions, but he did have his next class with her.

"Excuse me," he say looking at the slivered-haired boy, the lipstick on him made him look really stunning and for a second Jamie was caught off guard.

"I h-have math with h-her next period. I c-could take it to h-her if you'd like."

Why did his stutter have to act up? He was doing really well until then...

5. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Brent rushed down the hallway to get to his next class, pushing past the slow walkers. He wasn't going to be late, even if it was only within the first few days of school. In his distraction, finally realized he had been going down the wrong hallway, and Brent muttered a curse. He had no idea where he was. On the other side of the hall, two older boys were talking, one clutching a dark blue notebook, the other looking as lost as Brent.
    Brent glared in their direction, and then pulled a crumpled map out from his pine green backpack. Where was he?

6. Taly

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Despite Jamie's stutter, Kora didn't seem to pay any attention the speech inconsistencies. He only giggled, "Thank you," Kora handed the boy the lipstick, "Also, since this is the new day and all..." Kora turned from Jamie to Neil, "You both should have this." Kora gave the two of them flyers with the acronym - "GSA - Gay-Straight Alliance" on it.

Before the Neil, or Jamie could reply, Kora abruptly turned away and walked down the hallway. Without much thinking, he walked right around and corner and bumped into Brent.

Kora's face turned red in blushing as he stepped back, "Oh! I'm sorry!" Kora scanned Brent to see if there were any bruises; but none were to be found, "Um... Who, and how, are you?" Kora wanted to initiate conversation, but knew class would start soon.

7. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Brent sighed softly. "I'm Brent. And you are?"
    He was getting frustrated by now, but was committed to keeping his cool. Brent noted the GSA flyers in the boy's hands. "What's that for?"

8. AngerAndAgony

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Neil had spaced out and was thinking about his homework (or really lack thereof) when someone he didn't know came straight up to his face. Neil went rigid as the question was asked of whether he had seen someone, but he didn't know who that someone was or even the someone asking him. His eyes widened and he shook his head, finding himself unable to communicate that he didn't know this person in his anxiety, one because he refused to learn sign language (he kept hoping his voice would come back) and two because he was shaking too badly to write. However soon a paper was being thrust into his hands and he was shaking as the boy walked away, pressing himself against the locker as though he could just shrink into it.

#8 AngerAndAgony, Aug 27, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
  9. Taly

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    "I'm Kora," He replied to Brent in a calm voice, "GSA means Gay-Straight Alliance." Kora handed Brent a flyer, "I've already advertised and given flyers out to two kids... guess you're the third. Meetings are on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays afterschool. Today's Monday, so a meeting won't be held today... So it gives you time to consider coming."

10. Mags the Goron

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'll do my best! I may get confused here and there because I'm not well educated on the American school system, please bear with me if that happens.
    Park Hansol (Hansol)
    Male
    Bisexual
    Half korean (he looks like Park Hoon from Doctor Stranger, but never wears glasses. He wears contacts though) and half American. Usually wears black long-sleeved tshirts and black jeans with black-white checkered vans. He excels in school and leads a pretty laid-back life. Has no particular dark past or anything, but he lives alone because his parents live in Seoul.

#10 Mags the Goron, Aug 27, 2015
  11. Arrow Ace

((I'm wondering if I can join, but my character sheet has over 1000 words, so I'm unsure if posting it here would be a good idea lol))

12. AngerAndAgony

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ((Go right on ahead! I tried to keep Neil's short bht he has SO much development it's insane.))

#12 AngerAndAgony, Aug 27, 2015
  13. Mags the Goron

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hansol strolled calmly through the busy corridors of EC High, muttering in korean (to himself) about a group that recently debuted in his homeland, Seventeen. From the corner of his eye, he noticed some random dude giving a flyer to some four-eyes. He decided to approach the two, he had some time anyway.
    "Hey, what's that flyer?" he asked nodding to the pile of papers that was held by the kid wearing lipstick.

14. Hobbes

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    "Well, that was strange." Jamie told the boy next to him as he watched Kora run off.
    The boy was pressing himself into lockers looking as if he wished to be anywhere, but where he was at the moment. His hands were shaking.

"Wow, are you ok-kay?" He was still stuttering, he doubted it would ever go away completely.

The kid didn't stay anything or even move his head in a nod.

"I'm g-going to go get the nurse, d-don't move, okay?"

At the mention of the nurse he shook his head. Jamie stopped, wonder how he could help. It looked like an anxiety attack, but he was lost as to what he should do.

"D-do you want me t-to stay here with you?"

#14 Hobbes, Aug 27, 2015
  15. Taly

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Without speaking, Kora smiles and gives Hansol the flyer; all the information about meetings and time were on the sheet, including the meaning of the acronym. Before Hansol could respond, Kora was already halfway down the hall - and walking at a brisk pace.

The warning bell rang. Class was soon to start.

16. Arrow Ace

Name: Nell O’Connell
    S.O: Aromantic&asexual. Nell is unsure how much of this is affected by her autism, but still considers her identity valid.

Backstory: Nell was born January 5th 1999 and was born with a small cyst in her ovary, requiring surgery at the age of 2, meaning that she now has a small and faded scar across her abdomen. She began showing traits of autism at 12 months old, being seemingly uninterested in other children and learning how to walk and talk. She was diagnosed at 18 months of age. Nells first words were the opening lines of Welcome to the Black Parade by My Chemical Romance, when she was seven years old because her older half-brother was listening to it on repeat one day when he came to visit. Her parents, though accepting of her condition, often treated her as if she was inhuman because of her lack of verbal communication. It was only when she was ten did she start talking more often and telling her parents she was uncomfortable with them treating her as if she were some animal to be pampered and fawned over. She was sent to a school for disabled children from ages six to thirteen where she learned sign language because she was friends with a number of deaf and nonverbal students. She was moved into the public system in year eight. Like all other people who show the slightest amount of difference, she was bullied for the first six months of her schooling. Though because she didn’t show any reaction externally to the bullying she was left alone. The bullying left her with emotional scars and self-esteem issues. She gets average grades in all of her classes except for her language ones because of her ability to pick up patterns in language and pick up a language and be speaking it relatively fluently in six months.

Personality: Nell has a soft spoken exterior, often mistaken for her being stuck up, when really it is because she cannot socialize in typically appropriate ways. Her main form of communication is typing, writing or signing because talking uses up a lot of her energy. Though Nell thinks friends would be nice, she is perfectly content with being a wall flower. She has an odd sense of humour, based mainly on puns and word play, and enjoys different languages, especially Hebrew and Irish. Because of her autism, she may seem distant or uncaring, when really she just uses different body languages to most other people, and usually has a neutral expression. She can also seem noncompliant, because she takes longer than most to process information, even if she is perfectly fine following the order after she understands it.
    Although Nell doesn’t have meltdowns as much as she did when she was a child, they are still quite easily triggered, though she can usually supress them enough to get herself somewhere safe before she has them. Her stims(self stimulating behaviour) include, but are not limited to, flapping her hands, shaking her head, babbling or making nonverbal mouth noises and signing her name over and over to herself. Nell sometimes engages in SIB(self-injuring behaviour) when she has a meltdown or is stressed, she can be stopped by either being restrained(not recommended as she only lets people she is close to touch her), having a pillow put between her hands and head or given something to chew on until she calms down naturally.
    Nell is relatively insecure about herself, not for her appearance but for her personality. Because she harbours many traits uncommon/undesirable to typical nurotypicals, she is afraid to get close to them for fear of them making fun of, or rejecting her for, her behaviours and feelings. Although she is wary of people, she still over shares a lot because of both her social issues and a need to be close to others. Stemming from her inherent need to be close to others, Nell is very, very possessive of her friends, sometimes even to a potentially controlling and abusive extent. While she doesn’t mean to hurt her friends on purpose, she does.
    Nell is prone to the need to be admired. Many of her actions are related to having people either fawn over her or compliment her, whether that be on her looks, talents or another aspect of herself. Although Nell can care for and comfort people, she has almost no empathy, causing her to feel like an outcast.

Looks: A Caucasian female, a little less than 5’0’’ tall. She is youthful looking, with a round face and small chest, though her hips are quite large. She has a pudgy tummy and thighs, both of which are covered in faded stretch marks. Nell has short curly hair dyed ocean blue that she usually has a beanie over. She has central heterochromia with brown around the pupil that turns suddenly into a shocking blue. Her face is speckled with acne and pimples, typical of a 16 year old. She doesn’t bother to cover them in make up because of her sensory issues. She favours a soft grunge style, with oversized jumpers and short skirts with big boots and stockings. She has long slim fingers, with nails that are clipped short and often have flaking off polish. Her eyes often have smudged eyeliner around them from her sleeping with it on. She has no piercings, lots of scars litter her skin from being an adventurous child. She has a few moles and many freckles. Because of her autism, Nell often wears a clear blue Tangle™ around her wrist to stim with and wears a navy blue teardrop shaped Chewlery™ necklace. Nell owns a pair of light purple noise cancelling headphones that she wears around her neck until she needs to put them on.

Job: Nell has a job at the local newsagents, restocking the shelves and generally not interacting with any customers. She also moderates a forum on the internet that helps to teach people languages. She has big ambitions to add a sub forum purely for conversing in two different languages simultaneously. She is also trying to persuade her friend from Israel to make an app for the website because she doesn’t enjoy browsing it on her phone(an android, she has a passionate hate for iPhones and Apple products in general) Her online username is PolyNot.

Interests: She has a few special interests that she can talk about on end without getting bored, these include Indie Movies made within the last decade(2005 onwards), the migration patterns of aquatic and semiaquatic animals(Penguins are a favourite) and autism itself. A documentary on Penguins and their natural predators she saw when she was 10 set off her love and obsession with them. She used to have it on DVD and watched it almost every day. She also enjoys dancing to Ibeyi and doing made up contemporary dancing techniques and lazy vaguely dancelike movements.

Other: Because of her executive dysfunction along with her general hygiene issues, Nell has an implant that stops her period for up to five years. She got the implant when she was 13 years old. She is allergic to shellfish, her airways close up if she has them. Despite her scientific mind, Nell still believes in faeries, or is at least obsessed with them to an extent that it seems like she believes, she herself is unsure. Despite her love for the ocean, the mere thought of being on the open sea is petrifying to her, even baths and showers are a struggle, as such she has only one a week, preferring to run a wash cloth over herself and wear perfume day to day.

((This is so long. I apologise.))

17. Mags the Goron

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hansol was confused as to why the kid had left without a word. Rude. He looked down at the flyer. GSA — GAY-STRAIGHT ALLIANCE the flyer said in bold, red letters. Subtle. When he scanned the paper a little more, he saw the days that the club gathered. Three days?! Ugh, he thought, since I've got nothing better to do and I already have the flyer, I might as well show up.
    Hansol heard the bell and took the cue to stroll languidly to his classroom.
    (Oh yeah, is romance allowed in this RP?)

---------- Post added 28th Aug 2015 at 12:09 AM ----------

He opened the door and, hands in pockets, looked around the room. The flyer guy from earlier was there, as well as the four-eyes. Brent, I think? He looked up and down the room and chose a seat. It was closest to the window, and farthest back. This way, he wouldn't have to talk as much when he didn't feel like it. He reached in his bag and pulled out a book to read.

#17 Mags the Goron, Aug 27, 2015
  18. AngerAndAgony

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ((Yes, romance is allowed, but keep it SFW and PG13. Hobbes, please no godmodding or power playing, everyone controls their own character and not anyone else's, please keep this in mind!))

Neil didn't really know how to respond to the boy beside him as he spoke, swallowing and continuing to shake. Too many questions and things were not good, and he wasn't really being given a chance to respond anywhere today. He swallowed, fighting off as much of a panic attack as he could, fleeing to the special ed room as he heard the bell ring.

Neil hated his classes here. He honestly did. The class always had an opening for a teacher's aide, but no one ever wanted to help out in there, so Neil was left alone. Most of the other kids in there were autistic, or nonresponsive, or had developmental disorders or the like, in school because the law said they had to be and their parents needed someone to take care of them during the day while they went out and earned money to try and help their kids' condition. And while Neil cared about his classmates, (and he really did, they were sweet and meant no harm) he sometimes wished that he could work out in normal classes and do something with his mind for once. Or at least that there would be a TA coming in this year to give him a little time with someone his own age.

((Sorry, I have a feeling I'm basing this off my high school. If a kid has an elective period but doesn't want to take a class or doesn't need one they can become a TA and help out around the classroom for that period. Some teachers feed their TAs or let them hang around so long as they behave.))

19. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Brent tapped his pencil on the side of the desk. He noticed a Korean kid looking over at him, and noticed the same flyer for GSA in his hands. Brent considered the club. He didn't have much better to do, so maybe he could join. The teacher was being especially boring today, he couldn't believe they still were going over rules in this class. Since Korean Kid was the only one he knew in the class, he glanced over to see what he was doing.

20. Arrow Ace

Nell wandered into her class, a few minuets late, as always. She brushed a strand of her outrageous blue hair up into the dark green knit cap on her head. She scanned the room for an empty chair, close to the back. Her eyes locked onto a seat next to Neil. Nell remembered the boys name because it was the masculine version of hers. Neil, Gaelic, meaning champion.
    She scooted behind a few of the other kids, being careful not to brush against anyone in case they were sensitive to touch. When she reached the spot next to Neil she flung her bag down onto the floor and slouched in the seat. She scribbled quickly on a piece of paper, not knowing if he could sign or not. 'What have I missed?' she asked, pushing the paper onto Neils desk.