1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maine

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by ampthejazz, Jun 7, 2007.

1. ampthejazz

Ok, I'm copying Jersey4Life. His post about New Jersey got me curious: when you hear the state of Maine mentioned, what do you think of? I'm curious because I've had people ask me if I have running water and electricity and stuff like that, and I'm just hoping not everyone thinks of Maine like that! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2. Jersey4Life

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think of snow, and being cold. All the times times I had to dig my drive way out of four feet of snow in Jersey and all the times my hair froze at the bus stop. OMG, I hate cold weather.

3. SadConfusedBandGeek

For some bizzare reason i think of Tom Sawyer LMAO!! but i think that is missouri lol

4. Qu_

Qu_ Guest

I think of rain. And then the nerd in me thinks of the colonial history of maine >_>

5. justjoshoh

A cool summer evening near the shore of the northern Atlantic with a spot near a lighthouse that is perched above sea level on a grassy meadow that descends a steep cliff to a impeccable white sandy beach.

6. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think of the fact it borders New Brunswick.

7. chrisg

I think of fantastic seafood. I'm from Rhode Island, so I love good seafood, but the stuff in Maine (like lobster) is amazing!

8. Swimmerboy

I don't know, I have an ignorant view of Maine... Old Style Buildings and well, yeah snow. Sorry:lol: :icon_redf

9. Jim1454

Light houses! Portland didn't do much for me, but Bar Harbor was such a nice spot! We stayed in the nicest little B&B. The room was essentially in the attic of the house - so the ceilings were all sloped. The shower had a sky light in it - otherwise I wouldnt have been able to stand upright! There's a ferry that runs from Bar Harbor to Yarmouth Nova Scotia - which is the route we took.

10. Double Dubya

YAY MAINE!!! I’M A MAINER’ TOO:smilewave

I love Maine and I am sooo glad that I got to grow up here. When I think about Maine I think of the forests, coast, nice people, cool climate, and the cute accents:icon_wink. I love a good ol’ Down Easta, I prefer ahh’s to R’s. I also think about our communities and the people and how everything seems to slow down and be peaceful. Even though my school is poor and we don’t have much, we strive for our personally best and it makes us happy.

A lot of people think that we have no power or water and that we have a blizzard 350 days a year. They always think that a bear is going to get them, and that we have to tie our food up in trees. (One time I did tell someone that we build tree houses to put our refrigerators in.:eusa_whis) But really we live like all other people; we have nice houses, AC, good cars, some cities, just without the crimes against humanity.

Maine is who I am

11. Kimi

Portland headlight
    The Civil War

And..................some lobsters??

12. ampthejazz

I went streaking on such a beach once last summer. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

And yes, our lobster is superior to all other lobster. :grin:

13. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think of STEPHEN KING... deadly flu epidemics, evil clowns, aliens, guys who can see auras, rabid dogs, the Devil himself setting up a shop there... lol

Seriously, I think of Stephen King. I'd like to visit Maine someday. I probably will.

14. GuitarGirl1350

lobsters. lots of lobsters.

15. blake21

portland ,rockland and seafood

16. Blueeyes

Blueeyes Guest

I LOVE maine personally. I have a family house up there right on the beach and within walking distance from this great lobster dock-restaurant. we go for a couple of weeks every summer its really a great state.

i also think of bowdoin because that's where my sister goes to college.

I really want to go up and camp in acadia national park one of these days i've heard that its incredible, a friend of mine camped there for a week

17. ampthejazz

AHHH are you talking about the Lobster Shack? I loooove the Lobster Shack. :grin:

18. Blueeyes

Blueeyes Guest

nahh its this little dock called "Five Islands Lobster Co." on georgetown island (kind of near Bath,ME if you know it). it has great lobster of course and tons of other options. they also have great homemade ice cream and the view of the surrounding islands is spectactular (photo gallery of the place : http://www.fiveislandslobster.com/web/photos.html)

[​IMG]

#18 Blueeyes, Jun 9, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2007
  19. watchtower

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm a native Mainer who moved to faraway New Hampshire. The lobster is fantastic, but a little pricey this year...I love Maine and want very much to move back. I grew up in Sanford (a down on it's luck mill town) and want to move to Portland. How many Mainers are here?

20. alfa juliette

first thing I think about is Stephen King, then My awesome oncle Peter, the vacations I spent there in 2004, the red lobsters,Bar Harbor, the funny accent and the fucking mosquitoes!