1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Magic The Gathering?

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by MtnFr3sh, Nov 23, 2015.

1. MtnFr3sh

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Does anybody play?
    How did you start/what motivated you to start?
    What's your favorite deck color type?
    Any specific strategy with it?

Well, I started on my birthday really, my friends convinced me to play. At first I was like 'oh my god wtf am I doing this is the nerdiest, geekiest thing I could ever do with my time' Then they taught me how to play in literally one night.

I have to say, because I finally found a good combination of cards. Right now my favorite is a mono colored white deck. I have things that generate soldier tokens, and several soldier cards along with good instants like Celestial Flare 'target player sacrifices an attacking or blocking creature' But, I also have a planeswalker. Elspeth. her +1 generates 3 1/1 soldiers. Plus my other creatures that give soldier type creatures +1/0's and 0/+1s And then if I draw a good enchantment, dictate of heliod. ALL of my creatures get +2/+2

So... What's your story?
    PS. Does anybody in college play? I don't want to think I blew a bunch of money on cards only to have nobody play me in college since this is my last year of high school.

#1 MtnFr3sh, Nov 23, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2015
  2. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I wrote a lot about this already, so I'm just gonna post the link to that thread (here) instead of repeating myself, if that's ok :icon_mrgr

3. MorganPrefect

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I play white magic mostly. I got into it because my brother and I thought Sunblast Angels foil art looked cool and we had nothing to do. My favorite strategy now in making a deck right now is to fill my deck with as much special land as I can and do a 5 color deck with a theme to it like flying or cypher with a couple just strong cards thrown in for good messure(cipher failed because it turned out I had like 4 cipher cards, but that flying deck is amazing) and just for white is to play cards that are cheap vut boost eachother

4. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

In the Philippines, they call those mono colored white decks the "gay decks" :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I started playing it in 2009 (I think), it was the era of Alara. My friend taught me how to play it, and I got really interested! Ever since I knew how to play MTG, I knew that I want GREEN decks. Buuuut my fist card was Wings of Velis Vel, its a blue card that I thought was green just because the art contains a treefolk :lol:

Obviously, GREEN is my favorite color in Magic. I havent made any deck (paper Magic, not in online Magic) that doesnt contain green cards in it. My favorite was Standard (RTR era) BG Golgari Deck :grin: Lotleth Troll is my main card <3 Discarding Slitherhead for Lotleth Troll then paying its Scavenge cost (0) is a small but effective combo! Deadbridge Goliath too!

My strategy? Summon the GIANTS!!! :lol: I am a real Green Planeswalker :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

But now, I dont play MtG anymore, paper Magic or Online Magic. But I am still a bit updated to it, thanks to my nerd best friend :grin:

5. Linus

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I play but I'm a complete noob. Any advice as to how to get better?

6. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Well before you dive in in creating decks with complex ways of winning, familiar yourself with the evergreen keywords. Buy intro packs, have a friend play it with you. Also, stay away from Blue decks if youre still learning MTG. Some Blue cards will confuse the shit out of you :lol: If you need more help, you can message me :slight_smile: